Case led strips to use on desk with separate power source

Hi All ,

I'm searching for a solution on how to use my led strips on my desk , so they light up the wall behind the desk. 
The Led Strips are from the BeQuiet Dark Base pro 900 case - i Did not use them because i mounted the led strips with corsair lighingt pro. 

Anyway i need advice how i can power up the led strips once i attach them to my desk. I would see some kind of switch or something like that connected to my wall socket . What you think?

i7-8086K, Strix Z370E-Gaming, G.Skill Trident 32gb 3000MHZ CL 14, Strix 1080 Ti OC, Corsair HX1000i, Obsidian 1000D, Corsair Hydro X custom loop, 13x Corsair LL120, Corsair Lighting Node Pro, 2x SSD Adata SU800 3DNand - 1tb and 128gb, 1Tb WD Blue, Cable Mod Full Cable Kit, Monitor Asus XG27VQ 144Mhz Curved

are these strips with 3 or 4 pins and are they addressable or not?

this decides what kind of power supply or controller you would need to them.

also if you want more you can buy this stuff for a few bucks from China and get exactly the same thing.

LED desk kits are so cheap on Amazon/eBay, if are doing this to save money I'd just buy one of those. It's usually around $20 for a 16' RGB kit with power supply.

You'd spend about the same on the parts for use your existing strips, but may need to solder new connectors on and it's pry only 2-4' of strips. 

If you really want to use the ones from your case you need to determine if they are 5v or 12v, roughly what their amperage pull is, and buy a power supply to match. You can buy simple on/off switches, dimmer knobs, RF remotes, or even Bluetooth controllers, so lots of options there depending on how much you want to spend. 

This is how they look like. The connector is 4 pin. There's no info on them on the amperage. 
I was just thinking that as they are spare i could try to use them without investing a lot 

20180911_172455.jpg

20180911_172500.jpg

i7-8086K, Strix Z370E-Gaming, G.Skill Trident 32gb 3000MHZ CL 14, Strix 1080 Ti OC, Corsair HX1000i, Obsidian 1000D, Corsair Hydro X custom loop, 13x Corsair LL120, Corsair Lighting Node Pro, 2x SSD Adata SU800 3DNand - 1tb and 128gb, 1Tb WD Blue, Cable Mod Full Cable Kit, Monitor Asus XG27VQ 144Mhz Curved