What do you think? Give me any advice or even optimization tips!

Hey Guys,

I am a newbie when it comes to building a PC but I think I have enough knowledge to build one BUT, with no confidence if does any good! :DMy budget is +/- 1200 Euro. If you have any advice or optimization tips, Ill gladly take them. The site where I plan to buy the parts is called 'mindfactory', its a well known german website that is very good in terms of customerservice. 

Here is what I came up with:

Mainboard:

MSI Z370-A PRO

CPU:

Intel Core i7 8700K

GPU:

8GB MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING or 8GB Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce 3X OC Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 (Retail)

RAM:

16GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit

Case:

Corsair Carbide 270R or Sharkoon TG5 LED

Powersupply:

650 Watt Corsair Vengeance Modular 80+ Bronze

CPU Cooler:

be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 4

I do plan to Overclock in the future!

I already own Microsoft 10 and peripherals such as a Mechanical Keyboard and a Gaming Mouse. I will buy the BenQ Zowie XL2411P Monitor later on! 

Thank you for the read!

EDIT: I already have 1TB hard disk will buy a SSD later on. 

Main thing I would look to swap out is the motherboard. You aren't going to get very good overclocks with it as the VRMs on there aren't the greatest. Maybe the Asus Z370-A?

What are you doing to storage btw?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

21 minutes ago, batupie said:

Budget/Country? Are you doing anything besides gaming?

You don't really need a GTX 1080 for 1080p 144hz gaming. Should save some money in places and get a 1440p 144hz IPS display instead.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

The First question on my mind: what do you plan to do with it ?

- If you plan to use it as a gaming rig you could get the i5-8600k which is more than enough for basically every game if you are not going to play on 4k.

- Id prefer a 80+ Gold certified PSU for 10 bucks more which might be cheaper in the long run (haven't done the math so no clue :D). But the quality is usually a bit better.

- For RAM i normaly take slower ones with a higher CL. That way you don't have to play the silicon lottery and get pretty much the same performance with a higer stability and probabilty to actually work.

3 minutes ago, 1300ny said:

But the quality is usually a bit better.

I know of Platinum PSUs that are lower quality than the Vengenance he/she picked out.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

21 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Main thing I would look to swap out is the motherboard. You aren't going to get very good overclocks with it as the VRMs on there aren't the greatest. Maybe the Asus Z370-A?

What are you doing to storage btw?

I already have an 1TB hard disk. Ill look in to that Motherboard! Thank you!

11 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Budget/Country? Are you doing anything besides gaming?

You don't really need a GTX 1080 for 1080p 144hz gaming. Should save some money in places and get a 1440p 144hz IPS display instead.

As I mentioned in the post I do have an Budget of +/- 1200 Euro. I live in Germany. I will mainly game on that rig but  maybe do some programming later since I am going to study medical computer science. 

Do you have any suggestions of good IPS displays? 

15 minutes ago, 1300ny said:

The First question on my mind: what do you plan to do with it ?

- If you plan to use it as a gaming rig you could get the i5-8600k which is more than enough for basically every game if you are not going to play on 4k.

- Id prefer a 80+ Gold certified PSU for 10 bucks more which might be cheaper in the long run (haven't done the math so no clue :D). But the quality is usually a bit better.

- For RAM i normaly take slower ones with a higher CL. That way you don't have to play the silicon lottery and get pretty much the same performance with a higer stability and probabilty to actually work.

I will mainly game on this build and I want to have an "long lasting" setup for the next 3 years minimum. I also thought about an i5-8600k since it's cheaper. Ill look into better PSU's, thank you for that :D

Thats a nice advice for the slower ram, Ill look into something else! :D

1 minute ago, batupie said:

I already have an 1TB hard disk. Ill look in to that Motherboard! Thank you!

I would HIGHLY recommend an SSD in that case. You can pickup a 240GB or so SSD for $50 or less of mindfactory

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 minutes ago, batupie said:

Then ya save some money in places and get a better monitor, as you can easily upgrade your GPU in the future.

Would just have to run AAA games at lower quality settings. Esports type games would still be able to do 100+fps at 1440p even on an RX 580.

PCPartPicker part list: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZH6LpG
Price breakdown by merchant: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZH6LpG/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  (€161.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€82.89 @ Alternate)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€134.89 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€44.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX 580 8GB GTS Black Edition OC+ Video Card  (€247.94 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€43.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€84.90 @ Caseking)
Monitor: Acer - XF270HU 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor  (€429.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €1230.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-09 21:35 CEST+0200

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I would HIGHLY recommend an SSD in that case. You can pickup a 240GB or so SSD for $50 or less of mindfactory

Yeah you're right, probably invest those 60 or less Euro. :D

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Then ya save some money in places and get a better monitor, as you can easily upgrade your GPU in the future.

Would just have to run AAA games at lower quality settings. Esports type games would still be able to do 100+fps at 1440p even on an RX 580.

PCPartPicker part list: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZH6LpG
Price breakdown by merchant: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZH6LpG/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  (€161.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€82.89 @ Alternate)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€134.89 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€44.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX 580 8GB GTS Black Edition OC+ Video Card  (€247.94 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€43.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€84.90 @ Caseking)
Monitor: Acer - XF270HU 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor  (€429.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €1230.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-09 21:35 CEST+0200

Thank you for you're work friend! That looks like an very soling midrangy type of build. Ihave to admit though, I do like intel more than AMD :D And I also think the monitor is too expensive for my work! xD Im not that into grapics and good looking stuff, I might do some troll or casual photoshop :D 

Just now, batupie said:

Yeah you're right, probably invest those 60 or less Euro. :D

Thank you for you're work friend! That looks like an very soling midrangy type of build. Ihave to admit though, I do like intel more than AMD :D And I also think the monitor is too expensive for my work! xD Im not that into grapics and good looking stuff, I might do some troll or casual photoshop :D 

Considering the monitor is the thing you actually look at everyday you should probably make that the priority.

Ryzen is currently a much better value compared to the intel stuff. Has about 80% of the performance for half the price, and comes soldered so it's easier to keep cool. intel 9th gen fixes that for intel finally.

Spoiler