Alternative for Huawei Default Music App

I have a very specific way of listening to music: I throw a bunch of stuff on my phone, and then i use shuffle. The problem arises with the fact that Huaweis default music app isnt really that good... The shuffle option repeats songs after extended non listening time (ill listen to music today and then leave my phone and hear the same song come on shuffle tomorrow) and it deletes my metadata everytime i add/remove songs(some of them have had metadata added afterwards bc they were pirated). So what im pretty much looking for is a music app that has a shuffle all which would create a random playlist of songs that wouldnt change and would stick to it untill all songs were played. And would also allow me to edit metadata that wouldnt change if changes were made to my music library. XPERIA phones(i use to have one before) had a very good music app, so thats pretty much what im looking for. (And no, im not asking for streaming services, im talking about offline listening).

6 minutes ago, velibor918 said:

I have a very specific way of listening to music: I throw a bunch of stuff on my phone, and then i use shuffle. The problem arises with the fact that Huaweis default music app isnt really that good... The shuffle option repeats songs after extended non listening time (ill listen to music today and then leave my phone and hear the same song come on shuffle tomorrow) and it deletes my metadata everytime i add/remove songs(some of them have had metadata added afterwards bc they were pirated). So what im pretty much looking for is a music app that has a shuffle all which would create a random playlist of songs that wouldnt change and would stick to it untill all songs were played. And would also allow me to edit metadata that wouldnt change if changes were made to my music library. XPERIA phones(i use to have one before) had a very good music app, so thats pretty much what im looking for. (And no, im not asking for streaming services, im talking about offline listening).

I use blackplayer on my phone. I find it to be better than the stock music app.

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

Google Play Music can do all that shuffle stuff, not sure about the metadata.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

8 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Google Play Music can do all that shuffle stuff, not sure about the metadata.

yeah... ive had a bad run w google play music, but thanks anyway

38 minutes ago, ObilvionNizer said:

I use blackplayer on my phone. I find it to be better than the stock music app.

does it do shuffling "correctly" ? 

52 minutes ago, velibor918 said:

does it do shuffling "correctly" ? 

Yes. As far as i have noticed it has and i have been using for around a year now. 

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Music player is quite important for me and noticed stock players mostly suck. After researching and trying different players on Google PlayeStore I found that best music app is: Black Player with all the necessary things it should have (lyrics, metadata editing options, good design and lots of customizing options).

• 2 weeks later...

It lets me edit metada but it wont save... it always resets to unkwown artist and music album... any ideas as to why? 

On 5.9.2018. at 3:10 PM, ObilvionNizer said:

Yes. As far as i have noticed it has and i have been using for around a year now. 

It just randomly went from song 50-something on shuffle back to song 1(which is a song i didnt even hear). I was really digging Blackplayer, why the fuck is it doing this? 

17 hours ago, velibor918 said:

It just randomly went from song 50-something on shuffle back to song 1(which is a song i didnt even hear). I was really digging Blackplayer, why the fuck is it doing this? 

Mine has never done that. I have never had any issues what so ever with it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2018 at 1:18 AM, David 2.0 said:

You can find the Sony music app on xda:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2728110

(Yes it's the Xperia app and technically you shouldn't have it but you're already a pirate so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.)

WAIT THIS EXISTS AND WORKS?!???! Thought apps like this were phone /brand exclusive

Are you able to try an app called DoubleTwist Pro? Or are you looking for a free music player?

4 hours ago, zrmaxwell said:

Are you able to try an app called DoubleTwist Pro? Or are you looking for a free music player?

Im looking for a free one, but thanks anyway! 

On 10/4/2018 at 1:43 PM, velibor918 said:

WAIT THIS EXISTS AND WORKS?!???! Thought apps like this were phone /brand exclusive

It works on my Pixel 2 on Android 9. It should work for you too.