How should you bring a you(still in box) to a plane

MythicalToes
Go to solution Solved by akio123008,
10 minutes ago, MythicalToes said:

I'm afraid they would tell me to take the flu out the box and take everything off including anti static bag then put it in the plastic box through then re scan it because it may damage the GPU btw thanks for the reply I appreciate it

graphics cards and other PCB based parts are tougher than you think. I've got a bunch of motherboards and graphics cards that have survived quite some drops, being dragged over carpet, hit by metal objects and just generally being handled with no care at all. I even broke off a piece of a smartphone motherboard and the damned thing still works. 

When you build your first computer you tend to be extremely careful with all these expensive parts, so for instance handle motherboards by the corners to not damage any components on it, discharging yourself every 3 seconds for ESD concerns etc. That's great, because you should indeed be careful. But over time you'll realise that hardware can actually handle more than you'd expect.

I bought a gtx 1060 from Indonesia and im going to Dubai how should I bring it with me bring it to the cabin or check it in

I'm afraid they would tell me to take the gpu out the box and take everything off including anti static bag then put it in the plastic box through then re scan it because it may damage the GPU btw thanks for the replies I appreciate it

1 minute ago, MythicalToes said:

I'm afraid they would tell me to take the flu out the box and take everything off including anti static bag then put it in the plastic box through then re scan it because it may damage the GPU btw thanks for the reply I appreciate it

You should be fine if you just have it in the box. Customs may check the entire thing, they may not.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

10 minutes ago, MythicalToes said:

graphics cards and other PCB based parts are tougher than you think. I've got a bunch of motherboards and graphics cards that have survived quite some drops, being dragged over carpet, hit by metal objects and just generally being handled with no care at all. I even broke off a piece of a smartphone motherboard and the damned thing still works. 

When you build your first computer you tend to be extremely careful with all these expensive parts, so for instance handle motherboards by the corners to not damage any components on it, discharging yourself every 3 seconds for ESD concerns etc. That's great, because you should indeed be careful. But over time you'll realise that hardware can actually handle more than you'd expect.

3 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

Thanks