How do I create an Icon Pack? (Discussion closed.)

Hello.

I've done some designing and hunting and found over 500+ icons and now I need help programming it. Do you guys have any guides and please, tell me some that are not that old. Also I want to create an app that could be openable and not just icons. For Android.

Here is a little peak.

Screenshot_1.png

Yes I know, I choose that style also sorry for the white background, thnx everyone.

Most launchers let you pick from files.

If you’re going to be selling or putting the app on the play store don’t, because you said you “found” the icons.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, Sylvie05 said:

If you’re going to be selling or putting the app on the play store don’t, because you said you “found” the icons.

Yes I know but I want to make an app for the Play Store.

Just now, Sylvie05 said:

I found apps and I turned them in the style I did. I made a spreadsheet of the apps I need to design.

1 minute ago, imSafeboot said:

Do you have any programming knowledge ?

Just now, voiha said:

Do you have any programming knowledge ?

I have worked in Clickteam Fusion and Eclipse. Still trying to get along with Android SDK.

Just now, imSafeboot said:

I have worked in Clickteam Fusion and Eclipse. Still trying to get along with Android SDK.

So you want a native app, I was going to suggest you to try doing a hybrid app with JavaScript using Adobe PhoneGap framework or React Native. As for Native Java I'm not entirely sure in which direction to point you.

2 minutes ago, imSafeboot said:

Will this allow me to create an openable app?

What do you mean with "openable"? You'll have an icon pack in .APK format that you can install on your phone. Do you normally "open" icon packs as an app...?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

What do you mean with "openable"? You'll have an icon pack in .APK format that you can install on your phone. Do you normally "open" icon packs as an app...?

I mean as in an separate icon for the app so you can open it and view all the icons and submit your own icons and donate.

Example from Agos Icon Pack:

Screenshot Image

3 minutes ago, imSafeboot said:

Will this allow me to create an openable app?

From what you're typing I assume you don't have a full understanding of how Android OS or APK's work, I advise you to research some kind of mobile development first, and then try doing your project.

Ok. Lemme get everything straight real quick.

I have currently found 500+ icons and added them in the spreadsheet but have currently designed 200 at this point. I also want an app that could be openable which would show How many icons have been made, How many have been submitted, Donate and Social button and View All icons tab.

tg.thumb.png.4578ae886ad944651bb3cf4e912ae631.png

24 minutes ago, imSafeboot said:

You didn’t make the icons did you? If you didn’t that’s plagiarism.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, Sylvie05 said:

You didn’t make the icons did you? If you didn’t that’s plagiarism.

75% of the icons we're designed because some of them we're low resolution. Some like Google Assistant we're easily recreated. I am not trying to get into any trouble, please.

15 minutes ago, imSafeboot said:

I mean as in an separate icon for the app so you can open it and view all the icons and submit your own icons and donate.

Screenshot Image

If you don't know how to make a regular app that's far beyond your reach.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

If you don't know how to make a regular app that's far beyond your reach.

I am somewhat of a fast learner. I just need some basic knowledge. I've tried with Eclipse but I can't get a openable app. I mean it does apply the Icons.

23 minutes ago, imSafeboot said:

75% of the icons we're designed because some of them we're low resolution. Some like Google Assistant we're easily recreated. I am not trying to get into any trouble, please.

If they were recreated and/or traced your app can still be taken down.

As others have said you’re probably going to need to read up on it more.

✨PC Specs✨

14 minutes ago, imSafeboot said:

I am somewhat of a fast learner. I just need some basic knowledge. I've tried with Eclipse but I can't get a openable app. I mean it does apply the Icons.

You should be using android studio instead of eclipse, it's a lot easier to get an app working and it has a built in emulator for testing.

With that aside, what you actually want to do are 2 separate things: an icon pack, and an app to submit suggestions. For the first, you can follow the guide I linked; for the latter, any guide on uploading and sending a file should do it.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

You should be using android studio instead of eclipse, it's a lot easier to get an app working and it has a built in emulator for testing.

With that aside, what you actually want to do are 2 separate things: an icon pack, and an app to submit suggestions. For the first, you can follow the guide I linked; for the latter, any guide on uploading and sending a file should do it.

Turns out you can migrate Eclipse to Android Studio and I know how to create.

Also I'm sorry to everyone.

Found this guide: https://blog.prototypr.io/how-to-create-an-android-icon-pack-app-ecb77811b938

3 minutes ago, imSafeboot said:

Oh, nice! I didn't know there was a foss project for this. Either way I must have misunderstood what the app you linked does if this guide was what you're looking for.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

Oh, nice! I didn't know there was a foss project for this. Either way I must have misunderstood what the app you linked does if this guide was what you're looking for.

i think i need to rethink my life choices.

so wait is my icon pack illegal? im just transforming icons into iOS style. .-.

Edit: Nevermind. There is other ways than what I suggested

Sudo make me a sandwich