Want a new 8 inch tablet

chrispy747

I purchased a Fire HD 8 almost 2 years ago and now it is feeling really old.

I love the 8 inch size and want a new tablet that will be faster and last longer than this one.

I don't really use my tablet for any heavy tasks, mainly just media consumption web browsing, and some reading.

But now my tablet struggles just doing these basic things.

I want an android tablet or maybe even a windows tablet. 

I don't want to spend much, just maybe around $200US

Does anyone know of any good 8 inch tablets?

the tab s4 is kind of just as good as number 2 and 3. you could get a smaller version of one of those. i have the tab s2 and it's still going as good as on day 1

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

I see, will those tablets have at least android nougat? 

I don't want an older version of android.

That is one thing I like about my fire is that it is constantly being updated.

my tab s2 has nougat, so i guess the mini version will have it as well

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

wow awesome. Now that I know that, I'm going to take a serious look at that tablet.

I recommend the huawei mediapad M5 8.4''

The 2K-resolution screen is excellent in brightness and viewing angles. The built-in `eye comfort` can adjust the brightness and color temperature. The sound is extremely good. It's even better than my bluetooth speaker. Considering my girlfriend spent most of the time to watch TV series, it's a huge advantage.
It comes with Android 8.0 which is well optimised. I like the screen-split mode. The theme looks different to other Android tablets but it's good.
I can't rate the battery yet since I haven't charged it. But it uses only 50% for one day with normal usage. I will consider it's a pretty good battery life.

And it have $20 off on amazon now.

9 hours ago, ghyj123 said:

The 2K-resolution screen

It's even better than 2k.

2560x1600 is not 2k ;-)

2k = 2048x1080 (or 1920x1080~ if there is a need to "use" 2k).

But any Resolution with 2560 horizontal pixels has NOTHING to do with 2k.

2560x1440 is called WQHD or QHD.

2560x1600 is called WQXGA

I know, half-annoying nitpicking, but there is no reason to call wrong names forever.. It has to start somewhere

16 hours ago, ghyj123 said:

I looked at that tablet, and it is awesome. The only thing is it does not have a headphone jack which is alright for phones, but I always plug in my headphones into my tablet when I want to relax. I think the older mediapad m3 8.4 would be better for me.

8 hours ago, chrispy747 said:

I looked at that tablet, and it is awesome. The only thing is it does not have a headphone jack which is alright for phones, but I always plug in my headphones into my tablet when I want to relax. I think the older mediapad m3 8.4 would be better for me.

1, the CPU frequency is not the same. The highest frequency of m3 is 2.2GHz, the highest frequency of m5 is 2.7GHz, and the highest frequency of m7 is 3.1GHz.

2, the memory is not the same, m5 more than 8GB + 256GB of memory

3, the processor is different, m5 is i5 6210Y, m3 is i3 6000Y, m5 performance is better than m3.

M3 and M4 have different CPU cores, it's NOT just the Clock speed^^ You can't compare them.

Mediapad M8 has neither 8gb or Ram, nor 256gb of Ram.

And neither of them has an Intel processor, and the Intel CPUs you mentioned have NOTHING to do with the Kirin 650 or 660.

I know that the m3 is worse in every way than the m5. It's just I can't sacrifice a headphone jack in a tablet. Also, anything would be better than this Amazon fire 8 that I got in 2016 for $60. Also m3s are a little cheaper nowadays.