Hey is a Samsung 960 EVO is a good one?

Alexis31
Go to solution Solved by Alex Atkin UK,

For home use the difference should be minimal, certainly not worth the extra cost for the Pro IMO.

I have stuck with Samsung for my last few SSDs and not been disappointed so far.

I am just ordering parts for the upcomming 9900k cpu and i wanted to ask if Samsung 960 EVO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe is a good and have no big difference between it and the pro edition?

thank you

For home use the difference should be minimal, certainly not worth the extra cost for the Pro IMO.

I have stuck with Samsung for my last few SSDs and not been disappointed so far.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Is the Mvme is really much better than ssd? i mean from use prespectives?

Just now, Alexis31 said:

Is the Mvme is really much better than ssd? i mean from use prespectives?

I'm currently running the 970 Evo (in which is not much different than the 960 Evo), booting OS and programs on it and the difference is quite a lot. Saves u seconds when launching applications.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

I really don't think there's much noticeable difference between ssd's. I really don't think I can tell between my 250GB sata 850 evo & my 500GB nvme 970 pro

I like nvme because no cables.

Also for a few more days consider you might be eligible for cashback. https://www.samsung.com/au/offer/ssd/

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

There is a very notable difference between a SATA SSD and an NVME once your OS starts dumping things to the pagefile.  As some places seem to sell the SATA and NVME versions for practically the same price, it seems silly to give up that potential speed boost.

So if you have an absolute ton of RAM then you might not see it, but with 16GB I certainly have.  It allows me to fire up a virtual machine assigned 8GB RAM with only a momentary pause while it frees up the RAM required.  Obviously your mileage way vary depending on how much RAM you typically use.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7