The Moto X is now permanently $400 off contract

TopWargamer

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/01/moto-x-400/

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/2014/01/moto-x-now-399-everyday-for-everyone.html

We've been hearing a lot recently from people who want a new premium smartphone at a reasonable price without having to wait for a contract upgrade. That came through especially loud and clear during our holiday flash sales.

So from today forward we're offering Moto X at an everyday starting price of just $399 on any major US carrier, without a contract. This includes customized devices.

Today several wireless carriers offer good month-to-month or prepaid service plans that cost much less than the contract plans that come with subsidized devices. Combine one of those plans with our new $399 everyday pricing and you could save hundreds of dollars over two years while keeping the freedom to change service providers when you feel like it. We can even help you finance your purchase* so you pay monthly for your contract-free Moto X.

That's a very generous new years gift Motorola! Personally, the Moto X isn't for me, but that doesn't mean it's not a good phone, because it is. So if you've been looking to get a Moto X off contract, now's the time to buy. Enjoy!

COMIC SANS

The smartphone options from Motorola and Google impress me. I don't even really give Samsung or HTC much pause for thought when I can get very capable smartphones for such affordable prices. I'm using an LG Nexus 4 and, outside of battery life, I have yet to regret the choice.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Moto X vs Nexus 5?

A prefer the Nexus 5 because of the bigger screen. The Moto X is "next gen" with all the gestures.

Also you can't get it in Canada without a contract.

Quote me to get a reply!