Pinned topic about RTX cards

JoostinOnline

Every five minutes someone makes a new thread asking about how the performance on the unreleased cards. Obviously none of us knows so it just becomes another pointless thread. Pinning a notice about there being no information won't stop all the threads, but it should help some.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

We go through this for every generation, new architecture or not. Stickies rarely help.

It's akin to telling tech support what troubleshooting steps you've already done. They skip right over that section of your ticket and immediately proceed to tell you to turn it off and on again, and then act shocked when it doesn't work.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Its quite hilarious that people even consider what we know from a pre-released card, or even JUST released, would be remotely representative of a card once the drivers have been optimised.

Granted nVidia tend to be quicker than AMD on getting performance up to snuff, but its not guaranteed especially with a new architecture.  I especially expect RTX performance to be a bit rough for a while, while both nVidia and developers figure out how best to optimise it.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

It's pretty annoying, but I doubt a sticky would help much since it's mostly newer/less regular members asking the questions who probably wouldn't read it anyway.

I understand why people are coming here and asking the same questions. I do not blame anyone who is wise enough to ask for advice before spending $1200 on a product, their only problem is they are a little early to the party.
Most average users probably aren't aware that the reviewers haven't got their hands on cards yet and haven't run independent tests. They're all just seeing a huge amount of articles every day saying "NEW RTX2080ti - JUST BUY IT" and are curious about the new product, and are probably coming here for information and advice as a trusted source since they can't find benchmarks and results on the cards elsewhere.

It's the people that I see posting that they've already pre-ordered 2x RTX2080tis and then asking if it is worth it make me cringe.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

24 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I'm honestly all for this one...

Also is there any way to fix that glitched frame in your profile pic? Its driving me nuts lmao

I'll try to re-upload the gif next time I'm on my computer. It doesn't happen on other forums.

22 minutes ago, Semper said:

We go through this for every generation, new architecture or not. Stickies rarely help.

It's akin to telling tech support what troubleshooting steps you've already done. They skip right over that section of your ticket and immediately proceed to tell you to turn it off and on again, and then act shocked when it doesn't work.

Even if only two people read it before posting then it would cut down on crap. I don't expect most people to read it of course. If they're dumb enough to ask for a prediction of the future then they probably won't do any searching. It could still happen on accident. xD

This is going to keep up for awhile, and I don't know how much more I can take.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

It's going to happen again when Intel release their 9700k and 9900k with people asking "Do I need to buy the 9900k for hyperthreading or can I just buy the 9700k even though it doens't have hyperthreading but my 8700k does?"

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Pinning wouldn't help. Just merge all to single megathread as with all such events. Last being LTT bottlenecking video.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

How about we make a pinned topic about new builds, too? That way people can't get specific advice that helps their use case!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

How about we make a pinned topic about new builds, too? That way people can't get specific advice that helps their use case!

That doesn't make any sense...

12 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

That doesn't make any sense...

I forgot a /s.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

What point are you trying to make?

Having a single pinned thread would get messy, confusing, and just doesn't really make sense. There is no point.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Having a single pinned thread would get messy, confusing, and just doesn't really make sense. There is no point.

The point is to reduce the mess. We have 5 billion threads from the past week asking for a prediction on performance. They all amount to "nobody knows, stop asking."

47 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

There's no point when it's old news. Now when it's not even out there are very limited number of things to discuss. When it's out there may not be need, but we'll have to see.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv