First 1080p Montior

Monti
Go to solution Solved by Giddyguy,

Go for option 1, its the best in terms of picture quality.

However if you really want the big screen size I guess you have to give up ips and go for option 3 in that price range.

Hi forum, I have been meaning to upgrade my old monitor to a 1080p display. I got some extra money to spend on a monitor. Like the title says this will be my first. I was looking at some monitors 1, 2, and 3. The thing is I don't which will be best for the price. That's why I'm here. Which will look the best and what makes an IPS monitor different from the others? Thanks for any help and have a nice day or night.

(Link any other options under 150 USD that are available at best buy, have some gift cards)

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

IPS gives you better colour reproduction and viewing angles.

Also, might I suggest this: http://www.staples.ca/en/Acer-H236HLbid-23-inch-IPS-Monitor/product_353763_2-CA_1_20001?externalize=certona if you're in Canada. I just got it and it looks great!

Edit: Nevermind. I didn't notice the USD. 

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Personally I'd choose the option 1 or 3, I've had a cheap Asus monitor, I'd say it looked pretty good, but the glossy bezel and stand just looked obnoxious and theres no tilt. 

So the question is, do you want richer colors for a smaller screen size, or do you want a bigger screen size and thin colors. (assuming the 24" is a mva or pva panel)

Best peripherals with the worst computer XD

I personally have a ASUS VS228H-P (option 2), and it's actually quite good (in terms of colour and viewing angle)...but since IPS panels are prices are around the same price...go with the DELL S2240M (Option 1).

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

I personally have a ASUS VS228H-P (option 2), and it's actually quite good (in terms of colour and viewing angle)...but since IPS panels are prices are around the same price...go with the DELL S2240M (Option 1).

Personally I'd choose the option 1 or 3, I've had a cheap Asus monitor, I'd say it looked pretty good, but the glossy bezel and stand just looked obnoxious and theres no tilt. 

So the question is, do you want richer colors for a smaller screen size, or do you want a bigger screen size and thin colors. (assuming the 24" is a mva or pva panel)

IPS gives you better colour reproduction and viewing angles.

Also, might I suggest this: http://www.staples.ca/en/Acer-H236HLbid-23-inch-IPS-Monitor/product_353763_2-CA_1_20001?externalize=certona if you're in Canada. I just got it and it looks great!

Edit: Nevermind. I didn't notice the USD. 

Does 2.5 inches make a difference, because I would like the size but will IPS make a huge difference?

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

Does 2.5 inches make a difference, because I would like the size but will IPS make a huge difference?

IPS does actually make a pretty large difference. If there are any computer stores near you, go to an IPS monitor and look at a TN panel. The difference is night and day.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

look at the dell S2340M just over your budget picked mine up for 167 USD after shipping, large and beautiful display, also slimmer then the acer option mentioned above. 

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

Go for option 1, its the best in terms of picture quality.

However if you really want the big screen size I guess you have to give up ips and go for option 3 in that price range.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

I think it might go with the dell IPS monitor because you guy think it will be the best choice. Thank you for all of your help and have a good day/night