Installing League Of Legends- "pvp.net kernel patcher not responding"

DPinky

Hello, a friend of mine recently got a computer for Christmas, and when he tries to install league, and he does the whole "install" thing, when he clicks "Play League Of Legends" it gets stuck on the league of legends logo and when he clicks it, it gives him an error messages saying it won't respond. Please help!

UNINSTALL

then reinstall

(you will only get this if you play LOL)

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

UNINSTALL

then reinstall

(you will only get this if you play LOL)

He has tried this, and it still does not work. 

Don't click the logo when it pops up, just give it a minute

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

If it's windows 8 run in compatiblity mode for windows 7, it's what I had to do.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Don't click the logo when it pops up, just give it a minute

I told him to try that, did not work and it sat there for 10 minutes

If it's windows 8 run in compatiblity mode for windows 7, it's what I had to do.

He is in windows 7. 

He is in windows 7. 

Then idk.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I told him to try that, did not work and it sat there for 10 minutes

I have the same problem before, all I did was leave the installer running overnight and it installed fine..

I have the same problem before, all I did was leave the installer running overnight and it installed fine..

Like, did you do the whole install thing, but you just left the logo up?

Try the "Fix League of Legends" thing (or what ever it's called) - there's a built in tool to fix any broken files but that takes a while (hour or so)

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Try the "Fix League of Legends" thing (or what ever it's called) - there's a built in tool to fix any broken files but that takes a while (hour or so)

It doesn't open the whole thing, just opens the icon.

Bump- It started working, but now it is stuck at 33% and 99%

Yeah, mine was stuck on that logo as well so I just leave it and sleep. Next day it loaded the installer.

Try to wait it out again when you think its stuck on a percentage.. or just restart the installation.

Bump- It started working, but now it is stuck at 33% and 99%

happendd to me once jus let it b at 33 or 99 eventually it will finish downloading and if u still get patch error thing run as administrator it fixed it for me

System Specs~~~~~

Case-Corsair Air 540                                   CPU-i7 4770k                           Ram-Corsair Vengeance 16 Gbs    PSU-Corsair RM1000

Motherboard-Asus Maximus VI Formula    Graphics-Asus Gtx 780 Ti x2     CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i               SSDs-Corsair Force GS 128/360 Gb       

try switching region, when you do that you download new files

probably something wrong on LoL.

like  GTReventon said leave the installer do its job it may take some time, it could be LoL servers that are overloaded