Budget build. Opinions?/improvements

33 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

it will run slow, it might catch fire) Id call the build i made earlier the minimum, just run without a case for a little while, it wont hurt you nor the PC

19 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

404 do not spend money on the last build @Boomwebsearch posted.

It is filled with bad suggestions. Some of them being potentially PC ruining like the PSU

For the peace of mind, you might want to go with a better PSU from a reputable brand such as Cooler Master, EVGA, or Corsair. I modified the build to have a lower price PSU because I did not want the cost to go over the budget although it might be something to consider changing maybe for other components or a higher budget. If you are using the applicable power protection equipment already them this PSU should not cause you any issues. If the build is not in a case it could cause serious damage to the hardware if it comes into contact with water and has a higher chance of breaking if droped or when something drops on it. Although if you are careful and on a tight budget you may be able to manage getting by without a case although it is not recommended. The cost of a case is a good investment and there are some really cheap options out there so I would definitely get some case for your system. There is also the hassle of moving your hardware over to a case if you choose to go without one and then get one later. I essentially changed the GPU, put in a different SSD and HDD, added some more RAM, put in a different PSU (for the purpose of keeping the price low although you might want to go with a better one) and put a better price to performance card in, replacing some the original system component/s which @GoldenLag had put together. 

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

35 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

-snip-

Ram chosen has terrible rated speed and will cripple ryzem performance. Also 8GB is all you need in a budget system. 

PSU has a high chance of failing and taking a component or two with it if it does. 

The GPU is significantly slower (and subsequently cheaper) 

Adding a more expencive case?

The build doesnt make sence.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£72.79 @ Alza) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£62.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£78.27 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Kingston - A400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£22.79 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£29.99 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 570 4GB ROG STRIX Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: be quiet! - Pure Power 10 CM 400W 80+ Silver Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£45.48 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £492.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-24 23:02 BST+0100

This is the minimum. All the components are of good quality from reputable brands. It has tye most performance squeezed out of the budget. The only thing it is missing is a case, that can be added later on as dust wont harm it in a 6+ month period. Airflow around the mobo will keep it relativly dust free

2 hours ago, Boomwebsearch said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/x78ZXP
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/x78ZXP/by_merchant/

Memory: Patriot - 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£37.65 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Patriot - 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£37.65 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£78.27 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: TCSunBow - X3 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£21.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£29.99 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 460 2GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card  (£89.96 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Aerocool - VS-1 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Xilence - Performance C 500W ATX Power Supply  (£33.42 @ More Computers) 
Total: £489.70
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-24 21:23 BST+0100

25 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

The GPU is significantly slower (and subsequently cheaper) 

This GPU has a good ratio of price to performance and that is the reason which I choose it. This means that essentially it is a better value to purchase than the original one which was in the list. If needed, you could add another one of the same GPU although that would go over the budget. This card should do very well for most applications, you could get better price to performance in a used system although (if you are willing to consider that it was used before and therefore might die earlier due to the use which it had previously) although if you can get a good deal on a used card which is in good condition then that is what I would recommend to use. 

25 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Adding a more expencive case?

The build doesnt make sence.

I am not sure by what you mean when you say "more expensive" and what you are comparing this case to in terms of price, this is a very budget case coming in at only £24.99? Also, as I have stated previously, using a PC without a case would work although has the greater potential to damage hardware if it was perhaps dropped or had something dropped on it (such as water). Considering this, I would highly suggest that you have a case and not run without having one (even a budget one such as the one in my modified PCPartsPicker list of components would work perfectly). 

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

11 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

This GPU has a good ratio of price to performance and that is the reason which I choose it.

Sadly when working with a budget, best "bang for buck" options isnt what we are looking for. We are looking to squeeze the max ammount of power into the budget.

13 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

I am not sure by what you mean when you say "more expensive" and what you are comparing this case to in terms of price, this is a very budget case coming in at only £24.99?

You can get hold of a bitfenix Nova case for less. Though not that it matters much.

14 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Also, as I have stated previously, using a PC without a case would work although has the greater potential to damage hardware if it was perhaps dropped or had something dropped on it (such as water).

Most of this is avoided by running the pc in the box the components came in or in top of the mobo box. Act with caution and you are good to go. A case is great and almost a must for long term solutions, but the caseless pc is very much a temporary thing. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£75.59 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Patriot - Burst 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£39.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 570 4GB ROG STRIX Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: CiT - CIT-F3WHITEBLACK MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£25.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Power Supply: be quiet! - Pure Power 10 400W 80+ Silver Certified ATX Power Supply  (£42.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £500.31
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-25 04:21 BST+0100

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W