M.2 SSD not showing up in BIOS

Neotenk

Hi all, 

I recently just purchased the Mushkin PILOT – 250GB PCIe NVMe – M.2 to be used as my boot drive. I am using the MSI B150 Gaming M3 mobo. However, it does not seem to show up in my bios settings. I am trying to install Windows on it as well and does not show on the installation menu either. Tips? 

I have updated the mobo bios to latest version as well. 

Hello Neotenk,

This sounds sometimes obvious but first step definitely is always make sure drives are connected well, that includes another drives (maybe the primary boot drive) too, believe or not a drive not connected well can cause other drives to behave weird! Then check everything about the M.2, check a well known hard drive on that same port or the same drive in another computer if possible, if the problem persists only with that drive you may have a defective piece of equipment.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

So it wont work with this drive? I used pcpartpicker and it showed no incompatibilities.

4 minutes ago, ConspiracyTheory said:

MSI B150 Gaming M3 mobo M.2 slot is Key M, SATA only no NVMe :(

1 minute ago, Neotenk said:

So it wont work with this drive? I used pcpartpicker and it showed no incompatibilities.

That's unfortunate, if the slot is SATA only that means it wont work in your case...

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

Is there any m.2 ssd worth buying that isnt NVMe?