windows not detecting 2 secondary drives

star_weaver

after i got myself a server i installed windows 10 on it and everything worked fine untill it updated, the 2 secondary drives i have are still being detected by the install media and board just not in windows itself, and yes they are formatted properly and i know this because i was able to acess and use them befor the update, any ideas on what could have caused this or any ideas on a fix? everything ive seen so far have pretty much said to do the same thing, format and blah blah

I think you need to initialize the drives, I could explain how but just googling it is easier

4 hours ago, stefanDB said:

I think you need to initialize the drives, I could explain how but just googling it is easier

i was able to read and write to the drives befor doing the update, they also show up perfectly fine over usb and internal sata on my main windows 10 computer

also the built in partition manager doesnt even see the drives

57 minutes ago, star_weaver said:

i was able to read and write to the drives befor doing the update, they also show up perfectly fine over usb and internal sata on my main windows 10 computer

also the built in partition manager doesnt even see the drives

could be a bug, I think you should contact microsoft

Hello star_weaver,

There is a secondary menu in some motherboards that you also need to check, I don't mean the boot sequence (eventhough it is important), I mean another menu that exists in some boards where you can see that the drive is connected but it can also be set to enabled or disabled, on or off. I am going to paste some images for you to have an idea what I mean, again is not the boot sequence, there should be another option to enable/disable hard drive in your MOBO and of course if it is disabled it won't show up in your system: 

Image result for enable / disable hdd from mobo 

Image result for enable / disable hdd from mobo

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming