HC-12 Wireless transceiver as a substitute to HC-05 Bluetooth Module

Earl Talatala

Hello. I have this mini-project that I've been doing for a while now. I'm making an RC boat that can be controlled using Bluetooth via a custom Android app. Below is an example picture of the schematic diagram of the connection (PS: Picture is not mine I just found it on Google) and I was thinking if I could change the two (2) HC-05s in the picture with HC-12, a wireless transceiver module that can both transmit and receive data up to 1.8km as stated on some specs sheets. I want to use HC-12 for my project since I need the long-range wireless function of the module, and HC-05 just limits my connection up to a couple of meters away. And as mentioned, I will be controlling the RC boat using an custom Android app. Thank you and have a nice day.

Arduino-Robot-Car-HC-05-Bluetooth-Control-Circuit-Schematic.png

11 hours ago, James Evens said:

This bluetooth module is not 1.8km. It is 2.4 GHz and 1.8km is not easy with these frequency's.  You can use for example LoRa if you need long distance. Other option would be to use more traditional transmission at 27-40 MHz.

I'm sorry but I'm pretty new to this Arduino thing, what is the effect of the frequencies mentioned above and what are the uses of such things?