when PC's just Piss you off and solutions come from the most unlikely of places

Have through out your life time of technology and love and maybe hate of it had an opportunity when something happens that is a massive F**K u. 

I'm going to give my example, my pc which i build last year after about 6 months of fantastic use would just not turn on i did not want to take it apart since cba top be honest, i unplugged and plugged most things back in and it would not turn on. 

OK so my lovey new monster (now a bit dusty since i live in an old house and its sat on a piece of cardboard, best solution currently) will not turn on. A manly tear was shed and i was prepared to bury it. though still trying to think what would be an suitable  send off song.

But i digress I got a little but angry and gave the side of the machine a gentry but pretty F**king firm kick (i realise i might have an issue with language). And to my surprise in the final death throws of the endeavour i press the power button and it turned on.

F**K me what a pain. should have bought a mac (not really).

if any one has stories or situations that are similar i would love to know about them.

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

Tried restroring a saved disk as one partition from Clonezilla to a new disk. Wasn't booting. Had no idea why, it cloned the storage space, swap space, except one thing was missing... Viewing the disk in Gparted, the bootloader was missing.

Instead of doing "clone partition" I now selected "clone disk". Now a third question came up as a sanity check, and it was "Do you also want to clone the bootloader"? I nearly punched my monitor.

A bad one for me was I spent a whole morning trouble shooting a motherboard that worked fine the previous day but suddenly wouldn't boot (new RAM, new CPU, reseat everything, the works). Turned out the BIOS switch was accidentally hit and BIOS 2 was old and didn't support 7th gen processors.

Other bad one - spent about 30min trying to figure out why my bench wouldn't POST. Turns out someone removed the CPU and didn't tell me.

Configs in TF2 would break my installation of it, so I tried deleting them to no avail. Then I remembered that TF2 turns on the Steam Cloud by default. Disabled that, boom.

Also, accidentally fucking my motherboard from properly POSTing until I realized that the board has jumpers to reset BIOS settings.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

25 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Other bad one - spent about 30min trying to figure out why my bench wouldn't POST. Turns out someone removed the CPU and didn't tell me.

Who the f**k removes your CPU without telling you? Based off how long it took for you to recognize it did they screw the cooler back in as well?