Cannot access (x:/Users/'My profile') after new ssd install.

N7_RiZe
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

right click on the folder, under security, make your account the owner of all files and make it recursive.

Hello all!
I just installed my new SSD and windows 10 and I'd like to transfer some data off my old hard drives (D: and E:). I can access every folder (so far) apart from 'D'/'E':\Users\'MyProfile'.
When I try to enter these folders I get a new window saying
image.png.28a110dfcb3c8983db60220256452fa8.png

If I click continue nothing happens, it seems to be infinitely loading. Also (D:(3.5tb full )) is at 100% usage now so I guess the permission settings are being applied to each file??? (E:(1.75tb full)) is sat at 0% however.
This SSD is my third drive to the system and I did not have this issue with the first drive when installing the second drive a few years ago.
Also in the permission security settings, it does say I have full control to this folder but as you can see I cannot access them still.
Am I doing something wrong or is it just going to take forever as one hard drive is 3.5tb full and the other is 1.75tb full?
NOTE: I am still using the same Microsoft account for windows 10 as I did on the previous hard drives.
What can I do to get around this? as I did not have this issue when installing the second drive a few years ago.
Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

right click on the folder, under security, make your account the owner of all files and make it recursive.

Thank you, windows is currently changing the ownership of each file, I guess I'll have to wait it out and see if it works.

Yeah, after new install you're "technically" not the owner of the files anymore. Taking ownership will fix it. 

image.jpeg.75eea11a291e7f1fbe7803a801232388.jpeg