Are AMD Processors Less Stable Than Intels?

Are AMD Processors Less Stable Than Inetls. Is this true or false?

Not really less stable, just more sensitive to failure

My 8350 is stable (brilliant processor by the way) and going strong.

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

I've sold many thousands of both Intel and AMD system.

AMD came back a lot more often than Intel systems.

Lets just put it that way.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I'm sorry but this sounds like complete and utter bullocks to me.

The only time I ever got back AMD processors is when the customers bent the CPU pins and warranty doesn't cover user error.

And the reasons for the returns?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

The only time I ever got back AMD processors is when the customers bent the CPU pins and warranty doesn't cover user error.

He didnt specify what reason so that could be one of the reason

He didnt specify what reason so that could be one of the reason

Bent pins is nothing to do with the build quality or engineering of the CPU. If you bend a pin it is your own bloody fault.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

And how many systems are you dealing with? 10?

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

Bent pins is nothing to do with the build quality or engineering of the CPU. If you bend a pin it is your own bloody fault.

bent pins are user errors

well I have had multiple AMD PCs and they all run fine to this day.

I don't build systems we have people who do that for us, I manage the inventory.

And for how big of a company.

Why are you asking me this question ? it isn't me who made a highly inflammatory comment and completely failed to back it up with any evidence.

Somehow AMD CPUs are less stable because you say so ? and we're supposed to believe that because what... you own a 4960X ? if anything that shows you know nothing about processors, otherwise you wouldn't have wasted nearly 500 dollars on a 4960X instead of getting a 4930K.

And the reasons for the returns?

This was before I entered the company.

Our system were tested before sent out.

AMD chips had a much higher rate to come back, dead.

To the point where, we just flat out stopped stocking AMD chips.

Give us some stats.

How many AMD systems did you send out?

How many Intel systems did you send out?

For all we know you could have sent out 900 AMD and 100 Intel. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

Both Intel & AMD use the exact same binning process of two 9s , three 9s, four 9s and so on.
three 9s as in 99.999% stable, four 9s as in 99.9999%. It's a stability measurement for servers which estimates how often a processor might become unstable or fail.

So a a three 9s processor like the 8350 has a 0.001% chance to fail, Opterons & Xeons have both 4 9s and 5 9s certifications.

I think some people need to calm down...

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

It's all relative to the CPU you get, could be a good batch or a bad batch. Wouldn't stress on it too much, cause if it's a bad one you're likely to run into issues early and warranty will sort you out for that (both blue and red).

Oh yes, all you phanboiz continue bickering over who is the greatest, because no one cares really.

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

This is why these kinds of topics suck. Someone get's butt-hurt over someone elses opinion and an argument ensues.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Linus used to work at NCIX so he'd know this sort of thing.
I remember him talking about CPU failure rates on the WAN show a long time ago and how it's almost statistically impossible to get a DOA CPU these days from either the blue or red team.

You have to remember that all processors are tested out and binned before they're shipped, so it is impossible that a defective processor would leave the factory gates.
Almost all CPU failures are related to damage during shipping or user error.

Why are you asking me this question ? it isn't me who made a highly inflammatory comment and completely failed to back it up with any evidence.

Somehow AMD CPUs are less stable because you say so ? and we're supposed to believe that because what... you own a 4960X ? if anything that shows you know nothing about processors, otherwise you wouldn't have wasted nearly 500 dollars on a 4960X instead of getting a 4930K.

Not worth my time at this point. When over 20% of the AMD units (on customer warranty time) show signs of failing or just flat out dead, you start to take notice of these things.

Wasted money? I make over well 6 figures a year and can spend my money how I want.

To boot, the 4960 is sitting in a box, on a shelf.