How to wipe hard drive

Hylia177
Go to solution Solved by Senzelian,

That's pretty easy to do.

I assume you have the drive already connected to your PC and assigned a drive letter with disk management.

If not, then you have to go into your disk management (simply search for it with the help of Windows search) and right click on the drive to assign a drive letter.

Now you can format the drive over your file-browser, where your other drives are located.
Right-click the drive, select format, and format the drive. The steps are pretty easy to follow.

You can also just format the drive with disk-management without assigning a drive letter.

I even found a nice little picture: :P 

159684d1508709009-format-disk-drive-wind

Edit:
Regarding your second question:
Best thing is to leave your games on your SSD. If you want to transfer them over to the HDD, then it depends on the individual game.
For Steam games there's a special procedure.

https://www.howtogeek.com/269515/how-to-move-a-steam-game-to-another-drive-without-re-downloading-it/

Hey guys, I found an old hard drive in my moms pc and I wanted to use it in my pc, the problem is it has a bunch of random garbage in it, how do I erase it?

I was also wondering should I put my games on it or leave them on my ssd? If so how do I transfer files to it. (Im fairly new to pc's used to be an apple person and then I discovered enlightenment)

Thanks for the help

That's pretty easy to do.

I assume you have the drive already connected to your PC and assigned a drive letter with disk management.

If not, then you have to go into your disk management (simply search for it with the help of Windows search) and right click on the drive to assign a drive letter.

Now you can format the drive over your file-browser, where your other drives are located.
Right-click the drive, select format, and format the drive. The steps are pretty easy to follow.

You can also just format the drive with disk-management without assigning a drive letter.

I even found a nice little picture: :P 

159684d1508709009-format-disk-drive-wind

Edit:
Regarding your second question:
Best thing is to leave your games on your SSD. If you want to transfer them over to the HDD, then it depends on the individual game.
For Steam games there's a special procedure.

https://www.howtogeek.com/269515/how-to-move-a-steam-game-to-another-drive-without-re-downloading-it/