Thoughts on the Moto G

bosnian_guy

Hey guys,

I am thinking about buying the Moto G. I now have a Galaxy S2 and I am in need of a new phone. What do you think will the Moto G be able to last me for 2-3 years. I am not a heavy user.

Edit : I would get the 16 GB model

is the 16 gb model out for you yet? 

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

is the 16 gb model out for you yet? 

I will buy it in Germany

I will buy it in Germany

all the reviews i have seen from the Moto G were very good, and i saw 25 of them

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

all the reviews i have seen from the Moto G were very good, and i saw 25 of them

I really like it, but I am worried if it wold be able to last me for 2 - 3 years. It is just in my price range. The Nexus 5 is only available in 32 GB capacity and it is 3 times more expensive then the Moto G

@looney Any thoughts?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I really like it, but I am worried if it wold be able to last me for 2 - 3 years. It is just in my price range. The Nexus 5 is only available in 32 GB capacity and it is 3 times more expensive then the Moto G

im still using an galaxy s2, and i will continue to do so until it dies. i believe it is about 4 years old now. i think the Moto G will be fine

@looney Any thoughts?

Well, I really know nothing about phones, but I have no complaints about mine, love it.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

it's basically the best budget phone available. The ability to last you I don't know but if 4.4.2 gets on it which it will soon, yes buy it, S2 isn't the best

@looney Do you have a Moto G?

Yes, the 8GB version. 

nice screen, snappy.

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Yes, the 8GB version. 

nice screen, snappy.

Do you like it?

Do you like it?

Yes, I like it, but like I said I'm not much of a phone guy so my opinion is not worth much.

Several people I know are getting one by my recommendation. It might not be perfect, but from the few minutes of hands on time I've had with it it's the most impressively priced bit of tech I've ever used. It's pretty much a Nexus 4 (which was a pretty good deal in the first place) for half the price. Sure, you lose some things such as NFC, and the processor and RAM are a little less impressive, but thanks to some well optimised (as android goes) software, it's fast enough. It's not going to replace a flagship phone from this year, but if you're not after the latest and just want a good enough device then this is it.

As a response to the comment above, the in hand feel of it isn't as good as an aluminium clad device, but I'd go as far as to say that it feels less cheap than the Galaxy S4 which is an impressive feat for a device of this calibre.

Check out my video work at youtube.com/SuperUserTech

Acer Aspire 5750G - i5-2410m | 8GB 1333Mhz RAM | 500GB 5400RPM HDD | Nvidia GT540m

2xBenQ EW2440L | Sennheiser HD600 | Corsair Vengeance K65 | Corsair Vengeance M65 | Panasonic Lumix G7 | Panasonic 20mm F1.7

@looney Does it feel cheap?

I don't think it does, but as I said I'm not a phone guy so I cant compare it.

Buget? And country?

Interested in Business and Technology