Low csgo frames. Any help?

Hello,

So recently I’ve been having some problems with csgo lately. I’ve been getting on average 100fps with the lowest settings on 1440p, the lows being 60s and highs 140s. I have a Ryzen 5 1600 at 3.8ghz and a MSI gtx 1070. I’ve been getting on average 175fps when I first played on this build, but I don’t know what happened. Is anyone with a similar build getting these frames? Any tips to improve it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I encountered something similar a while ago. It'd been a while since I cleaned my pc and found lots of dust in the air filter causing my cpu/gpu to run hotter than usual. Maybe that's also the case here?

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Recheck your CPU and GPU clocks, as well as nvidia features like G-sync or Shadow play.

Shadow play CAN be the biggest reason, so watch out for that FIRST.

EDIT: I hope Shadow Play is the reason, cause if not, then I would be really disappointed from nvidia, cause the GTX 1070 is qualified as the BEST "1440p" gaming GPU

Just now, bleedblue said:

I encountered something similar a while ago. It'd been a while since I cleaned my pc and found lots of dust in the air filter causing my cpu/gpu to run hotter than usual. Maybe that's also the case here?

Checking the clocks will tell, as CPU and GPU lower the frequencies if they detect high temps, and if you overclocked from the motherboards, then your motherboard will give you some sort of alert too for temps, mine did, it wouldn't have if i overclocked with Ryzen Master or some other Tuning utility...

Check that multi-core rendering is enabled, and check your AA settings.

The panorama UI update changed them for a lot of people, resulting in some big fps drops.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

just wanna add this: whatever you do, dont force the game to run on more than 2 cores, it'll make performance worse.

11 hours ago, bleedblue said:

My temps are really good, cpu never goes over 55 and gpu stays under 72. I think the panorama must have done something 

11 hours ago, mbasil22 said:

Recheck your CPU and GPU clocks, as well as nvidia features like G-sync or Shadow play.

Shadow play CAN be the biggest reason, so watch out for that FIRST.

EDIT: I hope Shadow Play is the reason, cause if not, then I would be really disappointed from nvidia, cause the GTX 1070 is qualified as the BEST "1440p" gaming GPU

I have the in-game overlay disabled.

12 hours ago, RKRiley said:

Check that multi-core rendering is enabled, and check your AA settings.

The panorama UI update changed them for a lot of people, resulting in some big fps drops.

It was disabled. I went back and enabled it. What do you recommend for the AA settings?

Edit: Thank you so much after enabling multi core rendering my fps is now at a solid 210 with highs in 250 and low 175. 

If you had launch options setting for multi-core then the panorama update would turn it off in menu. Remove it from your launch options and let the game menu control it. It will stay enabled after you remove it from launch options. I don't mean the -threads setting but the -mat_queue mode. 

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

2 hours ago, nick name said:

If you had launch options setting for multi-core then the panorama update would turn it off in menu. Remove it from your launch options and let the game menu control it. It will stay enabled after you remove it from launch options. I don't mean the -threads setting but the -mat_queue mode. 

I think I had it disabled all along. The only launch options I have are -high

10 minutes ago, WilierRuby said:

I think I had it disabled all along. The only launch options I have are -high

Then it shouldn't turn itself off on you. It kept doing that to me then I learned about the launch options being what conflicted with it. 

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case