Can we kill UPlay

sonarctica

What are they thinking at Ubisoft, do they really think it's a great idea to shove down our throats piece of shit software which doesn't work. You're better off pirating every ubisoft game since you won't have to deal with that kind of BS. Would be nice if the games would work but nope. Let's pay 50 euros for a game which won't work. Do they not understand that this is hurting their business a lot? Their forums are filled with posts asking them to get rid of that crap UPlay but I doubt they know how to read. 

/rant 

Fuck you ubisoft, go die. I know I won't be buying any ubisoft games ever again.

I was thinking that same thing when I got my Nvidia holiday bundle...

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Same thing when I bought Far Cry Blood Dragon. I downloaded it and was pumped to play it then it pops up a Uplay screen and register and log in and I just closed it and forgot about the game

Someone's mad, you should realize what you just said, you told all the employee's INNOCENT employee's to go die. Meaning, all those people just go POOF they don't have a family or anything anymore, realize and think about what you just said before you post.

Diamond 5 in League :)

Someone's mad, you should realize what you just said, you told all the employee's INNOCENT employee's to go die. Meaning, all those people just go POOF they don't have a family or anything anymore, realize and think about what you just said before you post.

that's funny

that's funny

I understand your mad, everyone is, but your being rude and quite violent.

Diamond 5 in League :)

origin is the same if not worse. at least i can open Uplay without it crashing my pc unlike origin. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

How butthurt are you?

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I understand your mad, everyone is, but your being rude and quite violent.

you're*

How butthurt are you?

Very, have been trying to fix it for a few days so I can play splinter cell, redownloading it multiple times etc. Trust me, you would be too.

you're*

Very, have been trying to fix it for a few days so I can play splinter cell, redownloading it multiple times etc. Trust me, you would be too.

Lol o kill 'em

It works for me and it a lot of fun. Reminds me a lot of Hitman Absolution.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

The best thing about uplay is, that when you have a game coupon here in germany, you have to wait until midnight to redeem it. Thats so much fun...

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

origin is the same if not worse. at least i can open Uplay without it crashing my pc unlike origin. 

I don't know really, I feel like UPlay is a lot worse at least for me, with Origin I can actually play the games I've purchased and not spend hours after hours trying to fix the game so I can actually get something my moneys worth back. 

Am I the only person who has not had any problems with Uplay? Got it with Far Cry 3 and to be honest, it's less of a hassle compared to most DRM out there. Never crashed, not interrupting, etc. 

You're one of the few lucky ones

Am I the only person who has not had any problems with Uplay? Got it with Far Cry 3 and to be honest, it's less of a hassle compared to most DRM out there. Never crashed, not interrupting, etc. 

same, ive never had a issue with uplay. And like you said its not very intrusive. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I hear so many people (actually just very few really loud ones) that have had issues with uplay and I haven't had any at all (knock on wood). While I wasn't happy about having to use uplay on top of Steam acting like this because it doesn't work properly is silly. You're telling people to go die because a video game doesn't work, and we wonder why gamer culture has image issues with the general public. Take your garbage rant somwhere else please because LTT isn't the right place for it.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Uplay has always been smooth for me, and it is far from a bad experience. Sure it would be nice to play a game without it, but it only takes a few seconds to sign up.

You're going to be missing out on some great games man :(

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I hear so many people (actually just very few really loud ones) that have had issues with uplay and I haven't had any at all (knock on wood). While I wasn't happy about having to use uplay on top of Steam acting like this because it doesn't work properly is silly. You're telling people to go die because a video game doesn't work, and we wonder why gamer culture has image issues with the general public. Take your garbage rant somwhere else please because LTT isn't the right place for it.

I said Ubisoft should go die, not people. Anyhow, I am sure that many people agree with my "garbage rant" and why wouldn't they? After all UPlay has caused nothing but frustration at this point to me and many others, this is also a informative post telling anyone thinking about buying a ubisoft product, don't, not worth it. I would be okay if it was just a silly software I had to log in to access my games since I didn't purchase the game from Steam, just 1 overlay and all that but the thing is that the games don't work. So how do you expect people not to rant if they've just spent significant amount of money on a game that won't simply work?

What are they thinking at Ubisoft, do they really think it's a great idea to shove down our throats piece of shit software which doesn't work. You're better off pirating every ubisoft game since you won't have to deal with that kind of BS. Would be nice if the games would work but nope. Let's pay 50 euros for a game which won't work. Do they not understand that this is hurting their business a lot? Their forums are filled with posts asking them to get rid of that crap UPlay but I doubt they know how to read. 

/rant 

Fuck you ubisoft, go die. I know I won't be buying any ubisoft games ever again.

I guess all i really have to say to this is that I have started using steam in 2003 and hated it for not working right and never bought any games on it until 2011 all i ever did was play cs on it and half the time that wouldn't even work because of steam. So in my view steam sucked for longer then uplay has been out. In time i think it will get better

if you didnt no cs was forced onto steam when they closed down their server system after steam started

I've had no issues with Uplay... so... yeah...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

The simple answer is yes, we could kill Uplay, but people still choose to continue using it.

I don't like buying a game on Steam to discover another client is needed, especially one that waits until you launch a game to update it or applies more patches on top of the Steam updates (IE to the launcher itself) That is especially annoying.

what I've never had problems wit origin I actually think they are good except first day releases when they fuck it all up

System Specs~~~~~

Case-Corsair Air 540                                   CPU-i7 4770k                           Ram-Corsair Vengeance 16 Gbs    PSU-Corsair RM1000

Motherboard-Asus Maximus VI Formula    Graphics-Asus Gtx 780 Ti x2     CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i               SSDs-Corsair Force GS 128/360 Gb