Looking for 2,5" Sata to USB board/reduction

jackar

Hey there,

I've been looking for a longer time for something that would allow me to put all my wireless dongles (mice, headset, ds4, ...) nicely inside my laptop's vacant 2,5" HDD slot. Everything I've yet to find are just cable reductions, but I've had a more elegant solution in mind.

reduction.jpg.3c96f7420feb83e8a5790c456dcf7b7a.jpg

It is basic PCB that attaches to the SATA port, and features some usb controllers/ports/circuitry (maybe even mounts?). I was looking for this for a long time, but I've yet to find it anywhere (China, DX, Ebay, Google, Bing, Yo mama's locker, ...). If anyone knows this thing exists, please, I am the verge of learning the skills required to craft the thing myself. It just feels so rudimentary to me that this should exist, yet I've had nothing even come close in my ~1yr of searching for this.

Hope you can point me in the right direction (no, not to start an indiegogo)

Thanks in advance

I don't think that exists. You can solder a hub to one of your laptop usb ports and have the same final result.

1 hour ago, IgorM said:

I don't think that exists. You can solder a hub to one of your laptop usb ports and have the same final result.

I don't really think I know what you mean by "soldering it to USB port" - that's clearly BS.

But maybe there is something similar that I could utilise? I'm not one for ghetto solutions, and I kinda know that If I want to have it perfect I'll need to manufacture it myself :/

Perhaps someone came across something? It certainly doesn't seem likely that none thought of this yet.

4 hours ago, jackar said:

that's clearly BS

No it isn't. You have to understand stuff before calling it BS. See this http://www.laptoprepair101.com/install-external-bluetooth-adapter-inside-laptop/

5 hours ago, jackar said:

I'm not one for ghetto solutions

So just plug them outside the computer

5 hours ago, jackar said:

kinda know that If I want to have it perfect I'll need to manufacture it myself

If you are manufacturing it yourself it is a ghetto solution to be honest