How to speed up windows 10

Pantherlily76

Can someone link me to a quality video on speeding up window 10. You know disabling junk all that good jazz. Thank you LTT community 

Perhaps you can Google it?

There's lots of good videos on YouTube, I'd reccomend this one:

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

18 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

Perhaps you can Google it?

There's lots of good videos on YouTube, I'd reccomend this one:

I have googled but I feel safer getting a answer from the LTT community, don't feel like anyone would send me a bad video & such 

Windows can only go as fast as your hardware allows. There is no magic.

But here is what you can do to help reduce load from your slow system:

• As you said, Startup programs. Ideally, you want 2-3 items. Your A/V, maybe OneDrive if you use it (or whatever cloud drive you use), maybe your keyboard or mouse software.
  • Then there is Task Scheduler. Remove all your auto-updater and opt for manual updates.
  • Beside that, you can perform full defragmentation of drive (if you use an HDD), via software like O&O defrag, which doesn't only defrag files, but also tries to bring the together, so that the HDD doesn't need to move all over the place to get them. They are instead one next to the other (well it doesn't really know, it goes by access time, so it won't be perfect, but at least they'll be close enough... the real fix is a full format and re-install, and install each program, one by one, slowly, and not writhing stuff to disk at the same time).
  • DO NOT clean your registry. All you are doing is making you re-install Windows. The registry is a database, it has consent time in accessing data from it. Like this forum, it doesn't get slower the more post you have. More entries inside the registry does not make things go faster. That is the big selling point of the registry, unlike using text base files (Linux/Unix based OS).
  • You can upgrade your system with an SSD as well to drastically improve performance
  • If your system is UEFI compliant, you can make sure that you are not running it under compatibility mode for legacy OS or legacy hardware (if the setting is wrong, you are looking at a complex conversion of drive partition table, or a wipe and re-install of the OS)  You can also make sure Fast boot is enabled, and that your HDD/SSD is the first boot device.

I find backing up my data then doing a clean reinstall every so often makes Windows run much faster.

It's a pain, and takes a while, but a clean install makes it feel new again.

4 hours ago, pianopraze said:

I find backing up my data then doing a clean reinstall every so often makes Windows run much faster.

It's a pain, and takes a while, but a clean install makes it feel new again.

I've already done that and of course I know there no magical way i'm not a idiot...… Also my question was solved by the one guy who linked me. Along with my own knowledge she purrrring like a kitten