Business media center recommendation

Hi all.

I need a recommendation to set up a media center in a conference/showroom.

We bought a 55" Hisense Smart TV, that has a DNLA connection but since most of us in the office only had Macs and IOS devices we couldn't get to connect anything over wireless since, for as far as I know apple devices support only their own wireless protocols to wirelessly share data. But that's not the point, I cannot be dependent on someone's tablet or phone to show stuff.

This TV needs to show videos and photos in loop, making different mixed video and photo playlists for different occasions, for clients visiting or for an industrial fair, with the functionality of showing PDF depliant and Power Point presentation too with a simple media center UI instead of having a PC with windows and all the hassle of maintaining updates, licenses, antivirus and stuff.

It would be convenient for the media center to have network functionality too to remotely update its contents without having to transfer stuff over USB sticks again.

Can you recommend me a could of good choices please?

7 minutes ago, Drexo said:

Hi all.

I need a recommendation to set up a media center in a conference/showroom.

We bought a 55" Hisense Smart TV, that has a DNLA connection but since most of us in the office only had Macs and IOS devices we couldn't get to connect anything over wireless since, for as far as I know apple devices support only their own wireless protocols to wirelessly share data. But that's not the point, I cannot be dependent on someone's tablet or phone to show stuff.

This TV needs to show videos and photos in loop, making different mixed video and photo playlists for different occasions, for clients visiting or for an industrial fair, with the functionality of showing PDF depliant and Power Point presentation too with a simple media center UI instead of having a PC with windows and all the hassle of maintaining updates, licenses, antivirus and stuff.

It would be convenient for the media center to have network functionality too to remotely update its contents without having to transfer stuff over USB sticks again.

Can you recommend me a could of good choices please?

Apple TV.

If you have macs and IOS in your office it will be the easiest way to share from them to the screen.

On 17/8/2018 at 1:22 PM, TheGlenlivet said:

Apple TV.

If you have macs and IOS in your office it will be the easiest way to share from them to the screen.

Sorry I didn't explain myself clearly. Our personal gadgets are mostly Apple but the Office ones aren't. So I am not looking for a Apple to TV solution, rather a Windows/Android to TV one or better yet a universa a standalone media center solution that doesn't depend at all from our gadgets.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 7:51 PM, Drexo said:

Sorry I didn't explain myself clearly. Our personal gadgets are mostly Apple but the Office ones aren't. So I am not looking for a Apple to TV solution, rather a Windows/Android to TV one or better yet a universa a standalone media center solution that doesn't depend at all from our gadgets.

So in short you're looking for universal solution which will work on both ios and android. I don't know if such thing exists, but if it doesn't then you need to define which one is more important ios or android tv/devices. That's why I don't like apple company, because of their closed system. They force you to have all their products or otherwise they don't work... Anyway I don't want to derail thread.

A lot of the Samsung TVs have built in wireless mirroring capabilities. I think even the 6-7000 series have them. I sold quite a few of them as office solutions for customers at Best Buy.