Red and White patches on YouTube Videos

Go to solution Solved by ZacoAttaco,
Just now, Tobias_Kennedy said:

it ranged from 15% to 25% but most of the time it was either 19 or 20% (it flicked between the two)

Nice work, I'd try to disable hardware acceleration and see if that helps:

Turn Off Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome. Open Google Chrome, and click Customize and Control Google Chrome > Settings > Show advanced settings. In the System section, uncheck the box next to Use hardware acceleration when available, and restart Google Chrome

Hi,

When I go on to YouTube on my PC - and I watch a Video - there are Red and White patches/dots all over the video

I have tried to capture this through these 2 images. These marks on the video that you see move around and I think they change based on light, however I am not sure

Thanks in advance,

Tobias

Capture 1.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

What browser are you using? What graphics are you using? Dedicated card or integrated/APU?

If those are pictures of the monitor from a phone or something, it might be artifacting on your monitor. It happened when I overclocked my monitor too far, but otherwise IDK.

Either it's your GPU (broken or a bad driver) or your flash player is buggy? I bet it's one of those.

6 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

What browser are you using? What graphics are you using? Dedicated card or integrated/APU?

Using Google Chrome, Dedicated Graphics: I have a Zotac CTX 1060 3GB Mini. I haven't overclocked my monitor and my drivers are all up to date

4 minutes ago, Hip said:

Either it's your GPU (broken or a bad driver) or your flash player is buggy? I bet it's one of those.

reinstall flash?

5 minutes ago, Overlandr said:

If those are pictures of the monitor from a phone or something, it might be artifacting on your monitor. It happened when I overclocked my monitor too far, but otherwise IDK.

No it was a screenshot

What I would suggest is to watch the video again, then monitor your GPU level using Task Manager and then let us know what your GPU usage was at.

4 minutes ago, Tobias_Kennedy said:

reinstall flash?

Yes, I'd suggest to reinstall it and maybe try on another Browser.

If the same appears reinstall your GPU drivers or maybe install an older one that doesn't have those errors.

If this doesn't work maybe try without your graphics card? Your onboard graphics should work and you could try if this also happens without your GPU. If not, something with your GPU is wrong.

2 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

What I would suggest is to watch the video again, then monitor your GPU level using Task Manager and then let us know what your GPU usage was at.

it ranged from 15% to 25% but most of the time it was either 19 or 20% (it flicked between the two)

1 minute ago, Hip said:

Yes, I'd suggest to reinstall it and maybe try on another Browser.

If the same appears reinstall your GPU drivers or maybe install an older one that doesn't have those errors.

If this doesn't work maybe try without your graphics card? Your onboard graphics should work and you could try if this also happens without your GPU. If not, something with your GPU is wrong.

I dont have onboard graphics on my CPU, ill try what you said

Just now, Tobias_Kennedy said:

Turn Off Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome. Open Google Chrome, and click Customize and Control Google Chrome > Settings > Show advanced settings. In the System section, uncheck the box next to Use hardware acceleration when available, and restart Google Chrome

5 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Thanks... it worked much appreciated

4 minutes ago, Tobias_Kennedy said:

Thanks... it worked much appreciated

Glad to hear you fixed it :).