H7 vs 33 eSports vs 212/212X? Also which budget TIM?

Firewrath9

Like the titles say, my friend wants to upgrade from his stock cooler on his 8400, he can get anything around 35$. Also which TIM is good and cheap, I have been using a 20g tube of MX4, but it’s running out so should I buy another tube or is there something else. I use kryonaut for my PC but the MX4 I give out as its 20$ and much more value then the smaller tube.

I wholeheartedly suggest the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports. Easily under $40, performs exceptionally well for colder temperatures in particular, and looks sexy.

H7 by comparison is shockingly more expensive, admittedly probably can do better in terms of temperatures, but doesn't look as nice as the 33 eSports to me.

Don't bother with 212 garbage.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

I really like everything about the H7 except the mounting mechanism. It's tolerable but the worst I've tried. Ive tried Noctua, H212, intel stock and AIO in addition to the H7.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

Cooler is up to you. They are all more good for locked i5. You don't need to get paste, cooler comes with small tube which is also good for your use case. If you need to remount more than twice, then you need more. My personal pick is NT-H1.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Cooler is up to you. They are all more good for locked i5. You don't need to get paste, cooler comes with small tube which is also good for your use case. If you need to remount more than twice, then you need more. My personal pick is NT-H1.

I’m know about preincluded paste but I want paste for other purposes, it’s a separate side question. I’ll look into the nt-H1.

1 minute ago, Firewrath9 said:

I’m know about preincluded paste but I want paste for other purposes, it’s a separate side question. I’ll look into the nt-H1.

Ok. Well, the top pastes are pretty much personal preference than anything else. MX-4, IC Diamond, NT-H1 and Kryonaut... There's test made with 3 of 4 and difference was inside margin of error aka 1-3C.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Ok. Well, the top pastes are pretty much personal preference than anything else. MX-4, IC Diamond, NT-H1 and Kryonaut... There's test made with 3 of 4 and difference was inside margin of error aka 1-3C.

Oh then I’ll stick with MX4, 20$ for 20g seems like a good deal.

What ram and case are you using?

Why are you looking at these coolers in particular?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

What ram and case are you using?

Why are you looking at these coolers in particular?

Just some cheap coolers, dont know about case or ram.

1 hour ago, Firewrath9 said:

Just some cheap coolers, dont know about case or ram.

Aidos or PR Slim should be cheaper.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/b8h9TW/raijintek-cpu-cooler-0r100009

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hyQRsY/be-quiet-pure-rock-slim-351-cfm-cpu-cooler-bk008

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

The rajintek looks kinda sketchy, however the be Queit! looks pretty good. Thanks for the input

5 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

The rajintek looks kinda sketchy, however the be Queit! looks pretty good. Thanks for the input

They're very similar with the main difference being that the PR Slim is much quieter.

8 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

Actually it's that BeQuiet which has sketchy for security of mounting plastic push pins.

Mounting with support plate on motherboard's rear is lot more secure and also better for mounting pressure.

Proper mounting pressure makes sure TIM layer between heatsink's bottom and CPU is as thin as possible lowering thermal resistance.

Anyway have installed one Raijintek, IIRC Themis into PC of one neighbour and for budget friendly price hard to find faults.

Awfully many cheaper ones are 92mm fan sized with lower cooling performance and worser mounting.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Wb4gXL/raijintek-cpu-cooler-0p105255

21 hours ago, seoz said:

I wholeheartedly suggest the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports. Easily under $40, performs exceptionally well for colder temperatures in particular, and looks sexy.

H7 by comparison is shockingly more expensive, admittedly probably can do better in terms of temperatures, but doesn't look as nice as the 33 eSports to me.

Don't bother with 212 garbage.

I also recommend the arctic 33, the 212 is bad, and the H7 has a very hard mounting mechanism.

But if you can find the Deepcool Gammax GT, i also recommend that, imo it is the best looking budget cooler, but the mobo needs to have rgb support, otherways Arctic 33 is better option.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, seoz said:

eSports version, the non-33 can't compare with the eSports version.

Didnt know there was a none esport version.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

Didnt know there was a none esport version.

Yeah, it can be confusing, which is why I always refer to the cooler as the 33 eSports and never the 2010 era one.

Arctic 33:
freezer_33_g00_2.thumb.jpg.1f5cf336e2e36ee4fd5338adad53dbc2.jpg

Arctic 33 eSports:
IM1665.jpg.bd706bb31a502cfa5a5f8d0a9e5e1d25.jpg

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches