WiFi booster

Go to solution Solved by Gwersebe,

Sorry but that is impossible you have to either use a wireless range extender or run a physical cable to the router. My recommendation would be to pick up a mesh type system instead of an extender because performance with extenders is not very good. I have had a good experience with my google wifi system and have heard good things about another system from linksys. Although these may not be options given that you said you didn't have access to the router.

Hi all,

I have a mate that owns a shop in a complex and he gets very bad to no signal and has no access to the router or modem, now my question is how can i boost the signal in his shop? I understand that you can get extender but from what i gathered is you need accsess to the origanl router, is there a range extender that can just pick the free wifi signal and boost it without the access to the routor or modem? He just needs to ran a tablet any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Sorry but that is impossible you have to either use a wireless range extender or run a physical cable to the router. My recommendation would be to pick up a mesh type system instead of an extender because performance with extenders is not very good. I have had a good experience with my google wifi system and have heard good things about another system from linksys. Although these may not be options given that you said you didn't have access to the router.

My system-Core i7 6950X, AsusX99 DeluxeII, 128gb Crucial DDR4, Corsair 900D Titan X, Asus Thunderbolt EXII Card,Quadro M4000,Intel X540 network card