Need help with A240G

Back in April 14, I decided to build a custom water cooling loop for my computer. I decided to mount my reservoir sideways because I thought it would look cool. But now, I realize my gtx 1080 is getting up to 80 degrees C. I also feel like a lot of air bubbles are going into the system and anytime I try to fill the loop more it doesn't fill up more. Should I rearrange my reservoir to be upright? Thank you

Pictures: 

Edited by Razorlob

3 minutes ago, Razorlob said:

Back in April 14, I decided to build a custom water cooling loop for my computer. I decided to mount my reservoir sideways because I thought it would look cool. But now, I realize my gtx 1080 is getting up to 80 degrees C. I also feel like a lot of air bubbles are going into the system and anytime I try to fill the loop more it doesn't fill up more. Should I rearrange my reservoir to be upright? Thank you

Can you post a photo of your setup it will provide us a good idea of what we'll be working with. As for side mounting a res it's not an issue as long as the intake port is near the bottom of the res where it won't readily suck in bubbles or the air pocket that will be inevitable. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Can you post a photo of your setup it will provide us a good idea of what we'll be working with. As for side mounting a res it's not an issue as long as the intake port is near the bottom of the res where it won't readily suck in bubbles or the air pocket that will be inevitable. 

I posted it

3 minutes ago, Razorlob said:

I posted it

That isn't ideal since the ports are on the bottom, but with enough fluid in the res it will work. However there will always be small air pocket in your loop regardless how well you fill it and if it's slightly tilted town towards the pump it will keep recirculating it around the loop.

15 minutes ago, W-L said:

That isn't ideal since the ports are on the bottom, but with enough fluid in the res it will work. However there will always be small air pocket in your loop regardless how well you fill it and if it's slightly tilted town towards the pump it will keep recirculating it around the loop.

So would you recommend to mount it upright or is it ok to keep it how it is?

1 minute ago, Razorlob said:

I'd try the vertical mount to see if it helps but also since you are running only a 240mm rad it is at the absolute bare minimum for a CPU and GPU in the loop. 

11 hours ago, Razorlob said:

What fluid is this? Pastels and aluminium blocks are a guarantee clog mixture.

i don't think the res is the issue here, i think you're limited by that radiator

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

40 minutes ago, Razorlob said:

That would be the reason. The C1000 precipitates and clogs even without being in contact with Aluminium, one can only imagine how badly it is clogged inside the blocks. I would urge you to drain the fluid, do a complete tear down, a deep clean of the blocks, new tubing, and a proper coolant like the EK-CryoFuel that should have come with the kit.

8 minutes ago, For Science! said:

That would be the reason. The C1000 precipitates and clogs even without being in contact with Aluminium, one can only imagine how badly it is clogged inside the blocks. I would urge you to drain the fluid, do a complete tear down, a deep clean of the blocks, new tubing, and a proper coolant like the EK-CryoFuel that should have come with the kit.

Would you recommend I drain the fluid and put in EK-CryoFuel or Flush the fluid?

10 minutes ago, Razorlob said:

Would you recommend I drain the fluid and put in EK-CryoFuel or Flush the fluid?

you need to drain the fluid, then open all the blocks, and clean them with hot water and a sponge, flush the radiator really really well with hot water too. Then do a few rinses with distilled water, and only when that is done, reassemble the loop and add in the CryoFuel.

12 minutes ago, For Science! said:

you need to drain the fluid, then open all the blocks, and clean them with hot water and a sponge, flush the radiator really really well with hot water too. Then do a few rinses with distilled water, and only when that is done, reassemble the loop and add in the CryoFuel.

Is there a video or something showing this?

15 minutes ago, Razorlob said:

Is there a video or something showing this?

For example:

But basically just take the screws out and wash the insides.