Corrupted OS i think (need Help)

ePilluw

Hello, A few years ago when windows 10 released. I wanted to update my Laptop to windows 10 because it was free if i had Windows 8 at the time. but then when i updated it i got a error saying (No Boot Device) and i am confused right now a few years later because i can't remember if i got "No Boot Device" or "No Boot Drive" so i don't know if the hard drive broke or if it's just really corrupt. I tried reinstalling windows using a USB but then it shows when it say like i can select what drive i want to chose. it says "Drive 0" and then with no storage or anything and then when i click the "New" it just say i can't crate one with more then "0mb" so then i go back. and try to use Command prompt to reset it. but then it selects drive X:\ which is the USB drive soooooooo then when i plug it out. it's like invalid drive think or whatever and then i can't manage to get into the Recovery screen again to use command prompt to reset it. Does the laptop not support windows 10? or is my drive corrupt.

INFORMATION

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7.4500u @ 1.80GHz

HDD: WDC WD7500BPVX-22JC3T0

Product Name: Aspire E1-572

Manufacturer Name: Acer

Note: This laptop was bought 2013 or 2014.

do you have the option to plugh the drive in an other PC and try to reformat the partition table?

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

50 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

do you have the option to plugh the drive in an other PC and try to reformat the partition table?

It is a laptop so that would be kind of hard to do. but i can try it. Also when i go into like install using usb or whatever. i can browse my pc and then i have a Drive called "Boot" and that shows up if i were to plug out usb. But i can try to plug into my PC.

Try booting form a linux stick there you can browse your HDD (if it still is fine)

Allso with most laptops is easy to swap the HDD. Goolge your model

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂