Electronics Ru-furbishing Business?

hello everyone,

iam thinking of what do i need as in tools to start a serious electronics refurbishment business, like what are all your ideas and what are all the tools you can think of that i need ?

i will be refurbishing ;

Computers

Tablets

Laptops

Mobiles

Consoles

And all electronics in general actually.

what are all you thoughts?

please try to elaborate as much as you can in you answers. (the more you feed me ideas and information the better, iam hungry :P

Any and all opinions are more than appreciated

many thanks :) 

• Screwdriver.
  • iFixit.com.
  • Spare parts.
  • Money from the bank.
  • Whole lotta practice.

hi.

ESD safe mats

soldering irons

microscope

hot air pen, or whatever it's called

flux

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:
  • Screwdriver.
  • iFixit.com.
  • Spare parts.
  • Money from the bank.
  • Whole lotta practice.

ok so 

i have more than a screw driver 

i have the skill from a 7 years of experience 

but actually that wasn't the answer i was really waiting for . i mean can you please elaborate more on the tool side ?

more ideas ? like in detail ? any  weird or rare tools i need ? what about computer and laptop spare parts ? like screws, spare parts, to repair any computer that is really broken lol, that needs alot of missing tools ... 

Just now, OCD-FREAK said:

more ideas ? like in detail ? any  weird or rare tools i need ? what about computer and laptop spare parts ? like screws, spare parts, to repair any computer that is really broken lol, that needs alot of missing tools ... 

iFixit toolkit is a good start.

When you get a broken system, you find what is broken, and order the part.

hi.

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

iFixit toolkit is a good start.

When you get a broken system, you find what is broken, and order the part.

thing is i have all the tools more than any ifix it tool set... but iam asking for something new ... for a serious business i'm not a starter i've been in business for quite a while 

if you want to do component level repairs you gonna need a microscope, soldering iron, heat gun, heating plate, reflow oven and the schematics for whatever you want to repair.

Also you gonna need a stock or fast source for components and specialized ICs especially for computer parts.

Soldering tools

BGA station, infrared if you can. Other ones are just a glorified heat gun on a stick, not worth it unless you can get it cheap. (tons of stencils too)

A reflow oven. You can get cheap a starter by taking a toaster oven and making your own temp controller with an arduino or something. Those wont be big enough for some boards though. 

A parts stockpile, you'll know what you need as you get some experience. Stuff like game consoles is easy, laptops and phones are harder

Insurance. Gonna need that. 

You're gonna want security bits and regular bits that are LONG, meaning the bit extends enough to reach into holes without hitting the screwdriver. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 hour ago, Pixel5 said:

if you want to do component level repairs you gonna need a microscope, soldering iron, heat gun, heating plate, reflow oven and the schematics for whatever you want to repair.

Also you gonna need a stock or fast source for components and specialized ICs especially for computer parts.

yes, i will be doing everything from components level repair to building custom OS... can you keep on going ? more ideas what ever comes to your head let me know ... many thanks

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

Soldering tools

BGA station, infrared if you can. Other ones are just a glorified heat gun on a stick, not worth it unless you can get it cheap. (tons of stencils too)

A reflow oven. You can get cheap a starter by taking a toaster oven and making your own temp controller with an arduino or something. Those wont be big enough for some boards though. 

A parts stockpile, you'll know what you need as you get some experience. Stuff like game consoles is easy, laptops and phones are harder

Insurance. Gonna need that. 

You're gonna want security bits and regular bits that are LONG, meaning the bit extends enough to reach into holes without hitting the screwdriver. 

yes, i will be doing everything from components level repair to building custom OS... can you keep on going ? more ideas what ever comes to your head let me know ... many thanks

15 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

my idea is care less about tools and more about where do you get customers and stuff to refurbish, the repair pqart is easy if you have experience, getting customers and parts is the hard part.