Develement PC

sky_wolf

The budget is 6000kr Swedish

The aim of my system i mostly working in Fusion 360, Unity, Unreal and maybe Blender. And som games like crysis 2

1 monitor

Need no peripherals or hdd or windows.

I am locking att two upgrades

OBS no graphics card now will come on a later date

One blue

Intel i5 8600K

16GB ram

5.849 kr
non K 5.199 kr and a R7 240 2 GB 899 kr

One red

16 GB ram

5.749 kr

Whits shod i shoes

I would go for the 2600, but keep in mind you need a graphics card for that.

The extra cores will be useful for renders in blender for example. For stuff like Unity and Unreal, depending what you do, a decent graphics card would be recommended.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Hey, I'd be happy to help but I can't really understand what you are asking for here.

1) What is your current rig?

2) Why do you need the upgrade?

3) Don't forget you need a motherboard for your build as well.

BTW: hello, fellow scandinavian! :)

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

13 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

The extra cores will be useful for renders in blender for example. For stuff like Unity and Unreal, depending what you do, a decent graphics card would be recommended.

Can't you use your gpu to render in blender? if so it'd much faster then most cpus

I may be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Altruist said:

Can't you use your gpu to render in blender? if so it'd much faster then most cpus

idk about blender but some programs using both cpu and gpu to render at the same time.

having more cores won't hurt.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

idk about blender but some programs using both cpu and gpu to render at the same time.

having more cores won't hurt.

Threads*

i5-6/6

r5-6/12

I may be wrong.

yeah threads...

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

How about an i7-8700 on a B360 motherboard?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Contrary to popular belief, 3D software does gulp RAM. 16GB is gonna be enough if your goal is to learn and/or finish some smaller scenes. I don't do blender, but a buddy of mine does and he is struggling to squeeze out an architectural render of a house with 16GB of RAM. While blender's cycles does allow GPU compute, GPU also requires the VRAM for the task and gaming cards don't really provide more than 8GB. It also takes quite a bit of practice to reach a point where your scenes are memory optimal, no matter which 3D software you use. I own gtx 1070 with 8GB VRAM and I'm not even thinking about using GPU for my renders unless it's some really minor stuff I need asap and know 8GB is enough.

If you are learning, 16GB should be enough to build up your portfolio to get you into the industry where your company is gonna provide you with a decent PC. However if you intend to make a living of off 3D stuff you do on that PC, I would recommend at least 32GB of RAM.

From my point of view, the whole Intel vs AMD thing right now is about RAM. Ryzen might seem a bit cheaper, but RAM speeds are detrimental to Ryzen CPUs. For each DIMM slot you populate, your RAM speeds are gonna plummet and you're gonna need to buy some of the most expensive RAM if you want to get it back to adequate speeds. That being said, the more RAM you intend to shove into your PC, the more you should incline towards Intel. In the end you might find yourself in a position where AMD is the more expensive option of the two. 

Edit:
On the core count side of things. CPU rendering is completely multithreaded and you can't go wrong with more cores there, but it is rarely the case when it comes to simulations and all the operations that take place before the rendering itself. I would personally recommend a 6 or 8 core CPU. Anything above that is pretty much for render slaves.

16 hours ago, samcool55 said:

i miss that only som of the 2000 haws the graphics

15 hours ago, brob said:

How about an i7-8700 on a B360 motherboard?

if i go like this

Intel Core i7 8700 3.2 GHz 12MB. 3199 kr

Gigabyte B360M AORUS GAMING 3. 999 kr

Ballistix 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz CL16 Sport LT Grå. 1999 kr

16 hours ago, chckovsky said:

Hey, I'd be happy to help but I can't really understand what you are asking for here.

1) What is your current rig?

2) Why do you need the upgrade?

3) Don't forget you need a motherboard for your build as well.

BTW: hello, fellow scandinavian! :)

1) i5-2500 on a z86 motherboard and a non working gtx 560 or pcie

2) need opengl 4.5

3) am locking at upgrade packet

I was locking and comparing prices ans spotting that if a go whit only 8 GB ram i can get a Geforcs 1030, 710 or  R7 240.

Is a graphics card worth sacrificing haaf of the ram "that will be upgraded in the future", or is the built in one enough for now and get a better in the future.

system so far

Intel Core i7 8700 3.2 GHz