School Laptop - Under 1000 euro

Hello!

So since I'm changing schools now the computer situation has become quite urgent. Whereof at the old school, I was bearly making it via an old Lenovo ThinkPad from like 2012. But since that's nearly broken and the SSD is falling out I came to the realization that I can't make 3 years more with that one. 

So, the school is changing to have some offers for school computers which they supply and monitor themselves. 

Whereof the first one is a ASUS C213 chromebook  which is a touchscreen with a 360 flip screen. This one is provided free of charge by the school. 

The second option is a MacBook Air 13 inch (MQD32KS/A) whereof this one costs 200 euro per year. 

The third option I have is to buy a laptop myself and its here I would like to receive some help from you guys. 

- Not above 1000 euro.

- Can handle picture editing such as the Creative Cloud Applications. 

- Preferably something more rugged but not too heavy. (Not the Zenbook)

Would be nice if its quite powerful too. ;)

A while ago I was looking for a laptop, the best bang for your buck(or euro :)) that I could find was the acer preditor helios 300. Its not all sunshine and rainbows as the laptop does not have the best screen available in that price rang, but with a gtx 1060 6GB, you would be set for most games and picture editing(though I think that might be more relient on the processor) Speaking of which it "only" has a i7 7700HQ, which will work great for gaming or anything else (in fact that is a VERY good CPU compared to a lot of laptops). https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-i7-7700HQ-1060-6GB-G3-571-77QK/dp/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1533155127&sr=1-3&keywords=acer+predator+helios+300

Feel free to correct me, I'm not an expert.

1 minute ago, owen_pi said:

A while ago I was looking for a laptop, the best bang for your buck(or euro :)) that I could find was the acer preditor helios 300. Its not all sunshine and rainbows as the laptop does not have the best screen available in that price rang, but with a gtx 1060 6GB, you would be set for most games and picture editing(though I think that might be more relient on the processor) Speaking of which it "only" has a i7 7700HQ, which will work great for gaming or anything else (in fact that is a VERY good CPU compared to a lot of laptops). https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-i7-7700HQ-1060-6GB-G3-571-77QK/dp/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1533155127&sr=1-3&keywords=acer+predator+helios+300

Feel free to correct me, I'm not an expert.

Well, its got quite good specs but I don't want to hold a PowerPoint presentation with an RGB monster. I hope you understand. 

Ahh gotcha, but its not RGB its just red back light. But I get your point, I think dell might have some good speced PCs that are not as flashy. Though nothing else has quite the specs as this on, you could sacrifice a bit of horsepower for a better screen and slimmer PC, better batt life etc.

My 2011 thinkpad x220 is still rocking like a champ :P

Out of the two I'd grab the free chromebook, it has more modern I/O and well, it's free... neither of them will be faster than a 2012 thinkpad though, so don't expect to do anything that couldn't do.

For 1000€ I'd recommend this (I assume amazon.de also ships to sweden). A friend of mine has it and it runs great.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, owen_pi said:

Ahh gotcha, but its not RGB its just red back light. But I get your point, I think dell might have some good speced PCs that are not as flashy. Though nothing else has quite the specs as this on, you could sacrifice a bit of horsepower for a better screen and slimmer PC, better batt life etc.

Well, I just found this on Amazon HP Pavilion Power 15-CB019no

What you think?

It has its merrits, if you like the design. But, I think you can do better then a GTX1050 for $ 1060.00 US.

16 minutes ago, Kabom said:

Well, I just found this on Amazon HP Pavilion Power 15-CB019no

What you think?

Be aware that most "gaming" laptops (including this one) weigh like a brick and they are hardly ideal if you want to carry them to school every day. I recommend sticking to a 13" and staying below 1.5Kg. Also this HP has outdated hardware, 8th gen quad cores are cheaper, almost as fast and they draw a lot less power.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Should I just sell my kidney and go for a Dell XPS 15 9575 

7 minutes ago, Kabom said:

Should I just sell my kidney and go for a Dell XPS 15 9575 

It's pretty heavy, expensive and tends to thermal throttle so I'd advise against it. Besides, for the tasks you mentioned you don't need that much power.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Preferred weight and battery life? Do you need a good quality display? 

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

There are many laptops that you can fit into that budget, even some of the very best gaming laptops tbh, as you can find some of the most latest and decent ones within $1500 range.
But are you open for a heavier machine or just want something small and portable?

1 hour ago, GamerGirl17 said:

There are many laptops that you can fit into that budget, even some of the very best gaming laptops tbh, as you can find some of the most latest and decent ones within $1500 range.
But are you open for a heavier machine or just want something small and portable?

Small and light but with some power.

2.5kg and lower is what I can work with, not heavier preferably. 

20 minutes ago, Kabom said:

2.5kg and lower is what I can work with, not heavier preferably. 

Preferred battery life and display size?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, ZM Fong said:

Preferred battery life and display size?

1920x1080 is fine for me. 

Battery life isn't a big issue too since I´ll be close to an outlet all the time so around 7 hours. 

12 minutes ago, Kabom said:

1920x1080 is fine for me. 

Battery life isn't a big issue too since I´ll be close to an outlet all the time so around 7 hours. 

I mean size not resolution

Around 7 hours is quite a lot so it may be a big issue

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

I mean size not resolution

Around 7 hours is quite a lot so it may be a big issue

Size isn't an issue. 

Same goes for battery, 4 hours and upwards is okay, 

I mean preferred display size. Also do you need a good quality display. Answer correctly so that I can help you

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

I mean preferred display size. Also do you need a good quality display. Answer correctly so that I can help you

Oh sorry. 

Preferably 13 inch and higher and 1080p is fine for me. Although higher would be nice :)