MMORPG idea, no programing exp...

Edward78

I have an idea, the best forum to put it would be???

GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX (AM4 AMD/B550/Mini-Itx/Dual M.2/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 1/WiFi 6/2.5 GbE LAN/PCIe4.0/Realtek ALC1220-Vb/DisplayPort 1.4/2xHDMI 2.0B/RGB Fusion 2.0/DDR4/Gaming Motherboard) ,AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked 4.7 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

Nowhere, people don't like working for free for people they don't know and most individual programmers won't have the resources to actually run an MMORPG with a significant playerbase. Become a game designer, get a job at a major studio that makes games in that genre and, when you've shown your skills, submit your idea to your boss.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Nowhere, people don't like working for free for people they don't know and most individual programmers won't have the resources to actually run an MMORPG with a significant playerbase. Become a game designer, get a job at a major studio that makes games in that genre and, when you've shown your skills, submit your idea to your boss.

Well I would pay if I could, I am just wanting my idea out there...

https://www.gamedev.net is good right???

GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX (AM4 AMD/B550/Mini-Itx/Dual M.2/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 1/WiFi 6/2.5 GbE LAN/PCIe4.0/Realtek ALC1220-Vb/DisplayPort 1.4/2xHDMI 2.0B/RGB Fusion 2.0/DDR4/Gaming Motherboard) ,AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked 4.7 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

1 minute ago, Edward78 said:

I'm not sure you understand - we're talking millions here.

3 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

No, that's a forum to get help with your game, not to throw an idea to the wind. Read this article.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If you're asking this question then nowhere. MMORPG's are one of the most difficult types of game to make, unless you are the 0.001% who have the drive, motivation & ability (ideally the $$$ too, a lot of $$$) to rally people to your call to assist then I doubt you'll ever be able to make something with it. That being said if you learn how to develop games then sure give it a try, Unity isn't ideal but it's a good start and if you ever did become capable of doing such a feat then you'll have enough knowledge to looking into it in more depth.  There are tonnes of great ideas out there for fun MMORPG's but most fail and imo that's down to poor execution so save yourself the heartache unless you invest into learning how to do it yourself. Even if you do post this on a relevant forum people will not take notice if all you have is an idea. 

11 hours ago, Edward78 said:

You can TRY the game dev discord but things likely won’t happen. 

There are some “open source” mmo projects you can find through google as well but it might go along better as a pen and paper Dungeons and dragons game instead because 1, you don’t need to know how to program & 2, you can quickly play it with your friends. 

Edit:

3, d&d people might like to find campaigns online. 

And even if, the Userbase of MMORPGs don't seem to grow, most are on their way out, some keep their players, most don't.

But it seems like there are rarely any really new Players. Like new to MMORPG...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 8/1/2018 at 5:18 AM, Edward78 said:

I have an idea, the best forum to put it would be???

You make it sound like this is a serious idea you'd like to see get made, so DON'T post it anywhere. Keep it to yourself until you are in a position to pitch it to someone who could actually fund you. Assuming the idea is dynamite, why would you want to put it out there for potentially other people to steal and profit from the idea?