Insead of using a usb drive to download win 10 can i use a computer.laptop?

Altruist

Clues in the name

Is it possible to download win 10 with out a usb drive 

like with a pc/alptop over usb?

I may be wrong.

A direct USB to USB connection doesn't work because that's not how USB works. USB based PC transfer cables I believe act like a self-contained Ethernet network. And that may not work either depending on if the computer's firmware can see the device. But if this route does work and your PC's firmware supports booting over Ethernet, you can install Windows over Ethernet (https://www.aioboot.com/en/network-boot/)

Otherwise, USB drives that can install Windows 10 are like $5.

36 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

A direct USB to USB connection doesn't work because that's not how USB works. USB based PC transfer cables I believe act like a self-contained Ethernet network. And that may not work either depending on if the computer's firmware can see the device. But if this route does work and your PC's firmware supports booting over Ethernet, you can install Windows over Ethernet (https://www.aioboot.com/en/network-boot/)

Otherwise, USB drives that can install Windows 10 are like $5.

i know but i have a laptop on hand and i'd have to wait for usb drive to be delievered

I may be wrong.

If your laptop can write a DVD and you can attach a DVD drive to the new machine, that will work.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

12 hours ago, Altruist said:

i know but i have a laptop on hand and i'd have to wait for usb drive to be delievered

Wait for delivery? Just go and buy that USB stick anywhere. Now they sell this crap everywhere, even in grocery stores (probably cheaper with 1 liter of coke and 2 kg of potatoes). :)

21 hours ago, Altruist said:

Sorry, but it would require more even if data transfer would work. You'd need to create another partition for just Windows installer.

BTW, you can download and make USB on that laptop. You couldn't do it on new build anyway.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv