WILL GTX 1060 6gb BE ABLE TO HIT 144HZ AMD FREESYNC MONITOR

I dont really understand this amd freesync and nvidia gsync stuffs so like will i be able to hit 144hz with gtx 1060 with amd freesync 144hz monitor on fortnite.

Freesync and Gsync help with screen tearing on those high refresh rates.

And it depends, what are you playing?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

really depends on what settings you aim on playing at and at what resolution

My Gaming PC: 27833

freesync doesn't matter in fps so if you can hit 144fps with your current monitor you will be able to hit 144fps with that one too( from my experience 1060 6gb can hit 144fps but not on epic settings, i would say med-high on 1080p)

Depends on the Gamessssss and settings

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

8 minutes ago, AT0MAC said:

really depends on what settings you aim on playing at and at what resolution

view distance epic and anti-aliasing med other low and some strechted res 

Freesync and G-sync are technologies used to keep the refresh rate of your monitor in sync with the frame output of your GPU. An AMD card is required to utilize Freesync and an Nvidia card is required to utilize G-sync.

If you already have a Freesync monitor, i strongly urge you to get an AMD graphics card instead. Currently using Freesync, and having used G-sync in the past. I never want to go back to not using either in the future.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

1 minute ago, vitcy said:

view distance epic and anti-aliasing med other low and some strechted res 

ok but is it 1080p, 1440p, 4k or what res do your monitor run with? else it will be pretty hard to answer your question correct

Yes you will. Fortnite is very easy to run and you will easily hit that even with everything at epic. (1080p not 1440p)

G-sync and freesync sync the refresh rate of the monitor to the frame rate your GPU is spitting out, preventing screen tearing. Screen tearing occurs when the frame rate and refresh rate of you monitor interfere with each other and cause the frame to appear torn. It is noticeable but not a huge deal. You will not be able to use the freesync capability on your monitor, as that technology is for AMD, while G-sync is the same thing, but for Nvidia. If you are playing on stretched res, (1440x1080) you will hit 300 frames no doubt.

Freesync monitors are cheaper because AMD allows companies to use the tech for free, while G-sync is much more expensive.

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

4 minutes ago, AT0MAC said:

ok but is it 1080p, 1440p, 4k or what res do your monitor run with? else it will be pretty hard to answer your question correct

1080p

1 minute ago, vitcy said:

1080p

Bingo! Then I would say you have the perfect card, well done. You will be happy with that, the 1060 6GB is a pretty sweet card