Youtube audio goes out of sync when GPU is under load. Help!

kdmasmkda

I have absolutely no idea how these two are connected but I'm looking for a solution. My headphones are plugged into the case which is connected to the onboard sound header.

The goal here at the very least is to figure out whether this is a software, hardware, or sound issue. I'd love to fix this if possible though!

well your gpu is playing that video, so that's why they are connected, possibly a VRAM or driver issue, what card are you using and what resolution do you play youtube on?

Just now, Angel102 said:

well your gpu is playing that video, so that's why they are connected, possibly a VRAM or driver issue, what card are you using and what resolution do you play youtube on?

1080p and im using the gigabyte 1080ti OC-11GD

Why is your GPU under load in the first place?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

4 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Why is your GPU under load in the first place?

Gaming?

Edit: Just installed updated HD Audio Driver (1.3.37.4) and Graphics Driver (398.36), I can't confirm previous versions but will check to see if the issue still occurs.

2 minutes ago, kdmasmkda said:

Gaming?

Expecting your PC to flawlessly play YouTube while gaming seems a bit of an ask to begin with.  Personally, I'd just use my phone.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

1 minute ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Expecting your PC to flawlessly play YouTube while gaming seems a bit of an ask to begin with.  Personally, I'd just use my phone.

That's unrealistic, I've been doing this for years on every system I've owned and never ran into an issue. If you're suggesting this isn't an issue, you're wrong.

28 minutes ago, kdmasmkda said:

I have absolutely no idea how these two are connected but I'm looking for a solution. My headphones are plugged into the case which is connected to the onboard sound header.

The goal here at the very least is to figure out whether this is a software, hardware, or sound issue. I'd love to fix this if possible though!

limit your game FPS so you have GPU headroom for Youtube, you seem like you have Dual Monitors? because if you had one monitor and you Alt-Tab the GPU is not used anymore.

Youtube uses GPU

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Just now, syn2112 said:

limit your game FPS so you have GPU headroom for Youtube, you seem like you have Dual Monitors? because if you had one monitor and you Alt-Tab the GPU is not used anymore.

Youtube uses GPU

Once again, this was never an issue on my previous build. I don't see why I should need to do that. FPS is limited in game to begin with.

Just now, RandomGuy13 said:

How it is too much to ask,

And how is "Just use your phone" an appropriate solution.

Because this is a hardware/software issue that should be fixed. Having a workaround isn't a fix.

Just now, kdmasmkda said:

Once again, this was never an issue on my previous build. I don't see why I should need to do that. FPS is limited in game to begin with.

does stuttering occur?

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy13 said:

How it is too much to ask,

And how is "Just use your phone" an appropriate solution.

Because depending on the game, GPU and CPU resources can be heavily taxed.  Its not like we even know what hardware is involved.  Add that to not all sound card drivers being exactly stellar.

Is the CPU maxed out?  Is the GPU memory bandwidth maxed out?  There are so many things as game developers do not expect you to multitask them.

8 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

does stuttering occur?

Occasionally. It was more pronounced a while ago but I believe I tried something I found online which solved the issue most of the time, I think disabling fast startup? This audio sync issue also only happens occasionally.

Edit: Are you referring to audio stuttering?

8 minutes ago, kdmasmkda said:

That's unrealistic, I've been doing this for years on every system I've owned and never ran into an issue. If you're suggesting this isn't an issue, you're wrong.

Gaming requirements change, your hardware itself has changed and we do not even know what that is.

3 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Gaming requirements change, your hardware itself has changed and we do not even know what that is.

I apologize but you're simply wrong. I had two 970s in SLI with the same settings in game, they performed worse and they didn't have this issue. Anyways, It seems like the driver update solved it for the time being but I don't doubt this issue will happen again.

Just now, kdmasmkda said:

I apologize but you're simply wrong. I had two 970s in SLI with the same settings in game, they performed worse and they didn't have this issue. 

As they performed worse that also means neither the CPU, RAM or PCIe bus will have been as heavily loaded.  Plus will still have no idea what your current hardware is.

4 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

As they performed worse that also means neither the CPU, RAM or PCIe bus will have been as heavily loaded.  Plus will still have no idea what your current hardware is.

The CPU is not anywhere near load nor the ram. This entire system is an upgrade from the previous hardware and once again, there's no reason for this issue regarding specs.

RAM used != RAM bandwidth.

5 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

RAM used != RAM bandwidth.

Old ram was 24GB 2400MHz DDR3, new ram is 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, once again, gaming is set at same settings.

40 minutes ago, kdmasmkda said:

well you came on, gave virtually no details, no system specs, software or drivers or steps you had already taken and started off with passive aggressive notion that your gpu and youtube have nothing to do with each other and then expect people to magically know your system and what the problem is and fix it for you without asking any questions or giving suggestions.

good luck with it.

1 minute ago, Angel102 said:

well you came on, gave virtually no details, no system specs, software or drivers or steps you had already taken and started off with passive aggressive notion that your gpu and youtube have nothing to do with each other and then expect people to magically know your system and what the problem is and fix it for you without asking any questions or giving suggestions.

good luck with it.

I gave specs, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. I also never said that the gpu has nothing to do with youtube as my HDMI port is clearly plugged into the GPU, I said that I didn't see how audio was connected but I was obviously open to learning more about the issue here. 

Stop giving bullshit responses that act as if I haven't given any information here and am not willing to take advice.

23 minutes ago, kdmasmkda said:

Old ram was 24GB 2400MHz DDR3, new ram is 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, once again, gaming is set at same settings.

You actually said "your FPS are limited", at no point did you mention if it was CPU, GPU or capped.

When you said the "game settings are the same" there was no way for us to know if they were being bottle-necked by your previous configuration (thus using more resources on your new hardware) or were running at the max FPS.  Yet you are surprised that I suggested it might be overloading your hardware?

1 minute ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

You actually said "your FPS are limited", at no point did you mention if it was CPU, GPU or capped.

When you said the "game settings are the same" there was no way for us to know if they were being bottle-necked by your previous configuration (thus using more resources on your new hardware) or were running at the max FPS.  Yet you are surprised that I suggested it might be overloading your hardware?

Yes, both systems the GPU was capped as far as FPS goes. With both GPUs at 100% utilization, the old setup was still able to play games at load and watch videos without audio sync issues. As I said, the CPU was not causing either GPUs to bottleneck in my previous nor present configuration. 

Yes, I'm surprised you suggest it's overloading my hardware as my old setup which clearly had worse specs was able to watch videos without audio syncing issues. You also never suggested something as simple as a driver issue, graphics or audio. 

11 minutes ago, kdmasmkda said:

I gave specs, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. I also never said that the gpu has nothing to do with youtube as my HDMI port is clearly plugged into the GPU, I said that I didn't see how audio was connected but I was obviously open to learning more about the issue here. 

Stop giving bullshit responses that act as if I haven't given any information here and am not willing to take advice.

K m8