It's not about the size!

kdmasmkda

Hey guys!

Wanted to share my build that I put together for my new setup. The goal from the beginning was to downsize my old computer without giving up performance. With my old computer weighing in at nearly 40 pounds, I needed a build that I would be able to easily carry and transport back and forth.

Inside the build I have a Micro-ATX Asus Strix Z370-G motherboard that I knew would be capable of handling an overclock without throttling. I decided to delid my CPU to try and get the thermals down as low as possible to cancel out the rise in temperatures that you would normally see in such a small size.

The build has 3 Corsair LL120 fans blowing air out from the top and back of the case, a 240mm NZXT Kraken X52 Rad pulling air in, and a bequiet! silent wings 3 fan at the bottom also pulling in the air.

I went with a 750w GQ PSU

The GPU is a Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC running at just over 70c at full load with 100% fan speed

For the case, I originally planned on going with the Coolermaster Q300P because of the aesthetics and very much needed handles, because of the poor airflow, I decided to go with the Q300L model instead. There was a lot of dremel work on the interior as I had to remove most of the internal support structure so the mobo would lay flat. Some thermal issues with the CPU, but no performance impacts on gaming. Added some more ventilation this year to help with the cooling issues.

To go all out on the RGB, I also went with 32GB of Vengeance RGB 3000MHz ram.

While I had lots of rough moments during the build, especially with cable management with such a loaded system (I also have an SSD and 2 HDDs) I had a lot of fun putting this together and it looks and runs great!

ezgif-5-9bfb6402a9.gif.b64de6b9f329d13ce6000341f71285bf.gif

More photos:

Spoiler

dIsKmgC.jpg

yO03ikL.jpg

AYxftUS.jpg

n5YeF2E.jpg

25 minutes ago, seoz said:

I'll admit, watching that GIF gives me claustrophobia a tiny bit, but it's pretty nonetheless! It's so alluring to look at, too. Corsair LL fans are so very beautiful. 

Honestly, there's about 40mm between the GPU and the radiator. Other than that, It's a compact build for sure but it has great airflow! I

If you want to see claustrophobia, check the VRM heatsink out... It's not an illusion, it's literally a couple millimeters at most away.

IMG_2252.jpg