Check out what I got so far

Go to solution Solved by Mr. PC,
1 minute ago, Lurick said:

I swapped a few things around but overall it's a very solid build and most of it comes down to looks and what you want to get out of it:

-Motherboard, I upped this a bit to something with higher quality VRMs that still sticks with the theme and offers your RGB to further customize the look if you want.

-Storage: I swapped out the 970 SSD for an MX500, the difference in speed is going to be near impossible to tell the difference between but this way you get more space. I added a HDD as well just incase but you can drop that if you don't need it.

-PSU: Swapped to a cheaper but still high quality power supply that will provide you with plenty of power for years to come.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($347.89 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($83.61 @ Newegg Business)
Motherboard: MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($162.35 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($179.87 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW DT GAMING Video Card  ($489.99 @ B&H)
Case: NZXT - H440 (Matte Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($65.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Acer - Predator XB241YU 23.8" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($399.99 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Corsair - K70 RGB MK.2 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Corsair - KATAR Wired Optical Mouse  ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Headphones: Kingston - HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel  Headset  ($92.00 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Total: $2464.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-29 14:00 EDT-0400

I completely agree

1 minute ago, Mr. PC said:

You don't have to quote someone to let them see it...

Everyone can see wverymessage on this thread

Yeaa.. we posted at the saame time it twas to late My defense is my username... ?

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Something like one of these would serve you well and last for a long time and even with a 1080Ti or next gen card in there you won't have any issues powering everything.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/bkp323/seasonic-focus-plus-gold-550w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-550fx

or

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/qYTrxr/evga-power-supply-220g20550y1

I just checked out both of them whats the difference... except the makers. Both of them are fully modular 550w 80+ so the bottom one is just made better or something or quieter..?

I like them i already saved them to my notes but i just wanna know if their is a difference..

7 minutes ago, Help1stThyme said:

I just checked out both of them whats the difference... except the makers. Both of them are fully modular 550w 80+ so the bottom one is just made better or something or quieter..?

I like them i already saved them to my notes but i just wanna know if their is a difference..

Different build quality is basically what it comes down to but they are both very solid PSUs. The FOCUS Plus Gold is Tier 2 and the G2 is Tier 1.

There is a nice tier list on the forums that tries to rank the most common power supplies and different variants by tiers with Tier 1 and 2 being the best or near the best, Tier 3 being pretty solid, Tier 4 as decent, and anything Tier 5 through 7+ being regarded as generally bad.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Help1stThyme said:

I just read up on it and im kinda leaning towards linux it said their free with better security but im still gonna do my own research after this...

While Linux is free and does have a lot of powerful applications behind it, for a consumer application centered around gaming there isn't much that can be done right from the start like you can with Windows. If you're focus is almost entirely on gaming and some other tasks like email, web browsing, streaming, etc. then Windows is going to, in most cases, be the better option for you.

Edit:

I've used both and still use both but for me Linux is very powerful for server and some GUI applications but for gaming it's still mainly about Windows for the easiest time. There are ways, LTT has a video up about this, to get some games working on Linux but it's not a simple fire up a file and off to the races in a lot of cases it takes installing packages yourself, googling, searching forums, etc. to get stated which a lot of people are put off by.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Alright.. yep that is what im goin to be doing so windows it is.. quite possibly still wanna look into it but uhm one more thing for you guy(s) I still got your answer (Mr.Pc) heres his answer:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/J34dr6

but what Motherboard and Mid sized Case would you recommend 

1 minute ago, Help1stThyme said:

Alright.. yep that is what im goin to be doing so windows it is.. quite possibly still wanna look into it but uhm one more thing for you guy(s) I still got your answer (Mr.Pc) heres his answer:

I know you are asking the other guy but 

Just anything cheap with enough ports is good...

I chose that board because it fit the black and red theme and is solid in overclocking

But any z370 board should be good at overclocking

6 minutes ago, Help1stThyme said:

Yes, never hesitate to look at the other options, that's the best way to not only learn but a great way to become familiar with what is out there :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I know you are asking the other guy but 

Just anything cheap with enough ports is good...

I chose that board because it fit the black and red theme and is solid in overclocking

But any z370 board should be good at overclocking

Do you know of a website were you can filter and select how many ports you want and it picks for you..? Cuz heh that would be nice ik i need 3 for my mouse keyboard and phone and an audio jack for my headset but idk bout anymore maybe one more for a usb but i dont think i need it by the way when i was researching i found that the thunderbolt 3.1 is a thing does that effect gaming or only file speed

Yes, never hesitate to look at the other options, that's the best way to not only learn but a great way to become familiar with what is out there :)

Dang dood you got a tier list for that too ? that seems like a lot to look through on my tiny uncooperative fone..

Do you know of a website were you can filter and select how many ports you want and it picks for you..? Cuz heh that would be nice ik i need 3 for my mouse keyboard and phone and an audio jack for my headset but idk bout anymore maybe one more for a usb but i dont think i need it by the way when i was researching i found that the thunderbolt 3.1 is a thing does that effect gaming or only file speed

Thunderbolt 3.1 is just a port that transfers data quickly...

You would have a hard time finding a board that doesn't have 3 USB ports and audio jacks

Most boards have 4-6 usbs 

Thunderbolt 3.1 is just a port that transfers data quickly...

You would have a hard time finding a board that doesn't have 3 USB ports and audio jacks

Most boards have 4-6 usbs 

Ok well that clears that up 

isnt their differences in them though

JUST SCROLL DOWN TO THE 

“What Ports Do I Need” Section

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/motherboard-buying-guide,5682.html

I swapped a few things around but overall it's a very solid build and most of it comes down to looks and what you want to get out of it:

-Motherboard, I upped this a bit to something with higher quality VRMs that still sticks with the theme and offers your RGB to further customize the look if you want.

-Storage: I swapped out the 970 SSD for an MX500, the difference in speed is going to be near impossible to tell the difference between but this way you get more space. I added a HDD as well just incase but you can drop that if you don't need it.

-PSU: Swapped to a cheaper but still high quality power supply that will provide you with plenty of power for years to come.

Motherboard: MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($162.35 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW DT GAMING Video Card  ($489.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($65.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Headphones: Kingston - HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel  Headset  ($92.00 @ Newegg Marketplace)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Ok well that clears that up 

isnt their differences in them though

JUST SCROLL DOWN TO THE 

“What Ports Do I Need” Section

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/motherboard-buying-guide,5682.html

Yeah thunderbolt 3 and USB 3/2 look very different... and have different speeds (it goes USB 2, USB 3, thunderbolt 3)

Thunderbolt can also carry display Signals and connect to external GPUs(these things are usually only used on laptops though)

You really don't need thunderbolt 3

I completely agree

9 minutes ago, Mr. PC said:

I completely agree

I also agree ? you guys basically put the same builds up and so I’m gonna switch some stuff around you guys both have been very helpful but um one more nooblshowtek question how do i close a thread..? ☺️ Because in 5 more hours im gonna close it... 

actually 2 more questions soo just to clarify the usb slot dosent matter their thats all my questions ?

4 minutes ago, Help1stThyme said:

I also agree ? you guys basically put the same builds up and so I’m gonna switch some stuff around you guys both have been very helpful but um one more nooblshowtek question how do i close a thread..? ☺️ Because in 5 more hours im gonna close it... 

actually 2 more questions soo just to clarify the usb slot dosent matter their thats all my questions ?

There should be a check mark that marks the thread as solved, that's about the best way to "close" a thread.

Correct, the USB ports don't really matter beyond USB 3.0 and they won't really net you any gaming performance.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: