Check out what I got so far

Go to solution Solved by Mr. PC,
1 minute ago, Lurick said:

I swapped a few things around but overall it's a very solid build and most of it comes down to looks and what you want to get out of it:

-Motherboard, I upped this a bit to something with higher quality VRMs that still sticks with the theme and offers your RGB to further customize the look if you want.

-Storage: I swapped out the 970 SSD for an MX500, the difference in speed is going to be near impossible to tell the difference between but this way you get more space. I added a HDD as well just incase but you can drop that if you don't need it.

-PSU: Swapped to a cheaper but still high quality power supply that will provide you with plenty of power for years to come.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($347.89 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($83.61 @ Newegg Business)
Motherboard: MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($162.35 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($179.87 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW DT GAMING Video Card  ($489.99 @ B&H)
Case: NZXT - H440 (Matte Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($65.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Acer - Predator XB241YU 23.8" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($399.99 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Corsair - K70 RGB MK.2 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Corsair - KATAR Wired Optical Mouse  ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Headphones: Kingston - HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel  Headset  ($92.00 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Total: $2464.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-29 14:00 EDT-0400

I completely agree

This is what I have...

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gn3c4q

Please READ ALL of it.. atleast to the 6th...paragraph..?!? I dont even know.(This dosent count)

My laptop got in a weird cycle of “scanning and repairing c drive” about a week ago and it ended up just restarting over and over... and it Blue Screened  and died.

So, thats why I was planning on building a Gaming Computer but right now its just a “PLAN”... because I dont even have a desk in my room... or a chair 

Sooo..! All of this is hypothetical for now I just want to know what Mid Sized Case you guys would recommend for my build and what Motherboard... 

The “Motherboard” it seems relatively useless for a Gaming Computers. All you guys have to do is make sure it is compatible with an Audio Jack for my headset and 2 usbs...Maybe 3 I dont know. I dont think I need anything else..! But thats why you guys are here! Prove me Wrong!:D 

Oh!oh! Even though it is a hypothetical. Try keeping it around the price of my other listed stuff..cuz if this “PLAN” becomes a reality, I’m probably gonna get it on black friday or cyber monday, but, its already becoming quite pricey.

If your suggestion goes over thats fine i’ll still look at them all...

Im aiming for 1440p and 144hz max and “Future Proofing” thats why I got the “K” version of the CPU So, if I decide to Overclock I can if i learn it seems easy but i dont wanna break it as soon as i get it because im dumb..i didnt get the liquid coolant for the same reason...

The 1440p and 144hz well im aiming for that because I cant imagine how pretty that looks coming from xbox when i saw that dumb little 4k insects preview they came out with i was stunned at how bootyful it twas but the fps is usually garbage in the benchmarks so i just went 1 lower.

in case anyone decided to bring that up thats the reason why remember all hypothetical until I get my desk and chair xD ...ANYWAYS!

If you guys have any tips please try talking to me like im new...cuz I am xD I didnt know anything about computers until a week ago and Thank you for the help and for taking the time out of your day to read this LONG Post... 

Edited by Help1stThyme

10 minutes ago, Help1stThyme said:

This is what I have...

The Noctua NH-D15S is offset for RAM and PCI-E clearance.

Comes with one fan. The diff between one and two fans is only 3C.

http://www.legitreviews.com/noctua-nh-d15s-versus-nh-d15-cpu-cooler-review_188613/3

I have a 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB and don't really notice the speed increase over SATA in everyday use and gaming.

Unless you are doing something that requires frequent large file size transfers

you would get better bang for your buck by getting bigger but "slower" SATA.

As a gamer, I like a smaller SSD, 120GB TO 240GB, for my OS with another drive, SSD or HDD, for games.

Then when you make an image of your boot drive for backup it's small and easy to store and quick to restore.

And if you have to do a fresh system re-install you just install the Blizzard or Steam app and point it to your existing game library.

Overkill on the PSU.

Nuthin' wrong with that in my books.

Nice enough cans, I have them.

But don't expect anything more than stereo.

Virtual 7.1 surround 2 speaker headphones is an oxymoron.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

17 hours ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

The Noctua NH-D15S is offset for RAM and PCI-E clearance.

Comes with one fan. The diff between one and two fans is only 3C.

http://www.legitreviews.com/noctua-nh-d15s-versus-nh-d15-cpu-cooler-review_188613/3

I have a 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB and don't really notice the speed increase over SATA in everyday use and gaming.

Unless you are doing something that requires frequent large file size transfers

you would get better bang for your buck by getting bigger but "slower" SATA.

As a gamer, I like a smaller SSD, 120GB TO 240GB, for my OS with another drive, SSD or HDD, for games.

Then when you make an image of your boot drive for backup it's small and easy to store and quick to restore.

And if you have to do a fresh system re-install you just install the Blizzard or Steam app and point it to your existing game library.

Overkill on the PSU.

Nuthin' wrong with that in my books.

Nice enough cans, I have them.

But don't expect anything more than stereo.

Virtual 7.1 surround 2 speaker headphones is an oxymoron.

So my headsets goood... and IN my opinion and yours the PSU is good.

When it comes to the storage I was thinking that 512 is the best number because my friend who plays on a laptop not gaming or anything has like... 15 games on his computer and it barely made a dent in his space taken...Which he had 912 gb on his so i basically halved it.

And again I dont really know tech boi terms but uhhm Ive been using a website called UserBenchmark as well...and I can see the speed increase dont know if it even effects gaming but i feel like..(from what ive learned the CPU and the GPU is more important for gaming)...Anyway!(Got off track...)

So I guess we kind of agree again sort of... with the 960 evo that was also one of my initial choices.

I heard the CPU cooler was necessary but what do you mean when its offset by the expansion and ram slot

The most important thing I have a question about is the motherboard and the case because I cant do any of that without the mother of all cases and the mother of all boards

17 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

Your laptop probably just needs a new HDD/SSD.

Well if thats true thats sucks I already gave it to my dad and if he fixes it he keeps it....

No need for that expensive ram. You can get a 3000MHz kit for less.

Also no need for a Titanium rated psu. The Focus Gold should be a lot cheaper.

37 minutes ago, Mr. PC said:

Here is a recommendation:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/J34dr6

Red and black theme

Thank you for this... it makes it a whole lot easier... 1 question whats the point of the operating system i havent heard anybody talk about one is it necessary to run a computer?

But besides that thanks a ton I'm gonna save the link and still leave the fourm open for more opinions though..!

1 hour ago, lee32uk said:

No need for that expensive ram. You can get a 3000MHz kit for less.

Also no need for a Titanium rated psu. The Focus Gold should be a lot cheaper.

Ok any suggestions for the ram Im fine with being in the range of 3000-3200 because Ive heard that was the sweet spot...

I want to have the option to expand and grow as a little computer boi

I’m not going to be Overclocking right a way cuz im new but the PSU. Dosent overclocking take more power/watts or wattever?

Same with more parts right?

Im trying to go for a better safe than sorry kinda thing...so if i do do it I have enough power to do it..but if you have a suggestion than I will write it down and consider it..!

28 minutes ago, Help1stThyme said:

whats the point of the operating system i havent heard anybody talk about one is it necessary to run a computer?

The operating system is basically what you use to interact with apps and games...

Windows is the most popular one and has the most game support...

15 minutes ago, Help1stThyme said:

Ok any suggestions for the ram Im fine with being in the range of 3000-3200 because Ive heard that was the sweet spot...

I want to have the option to expand and grow as a little computer boi

I’m not going to be Overclocking right a way cuz im new but the PSU. Dosent overclocking take more power/watts or wattever?

Same with more parts right?

Im trying to go for a better safe than sorry kinda thing...so if i do do it I have enough power to do it..but if you have a suggestion than I will write it down and consider it..!

The efficiency rating doesn't impact the amount of power from the psu.

As it is configured In the recommendation that sent there is a power overhead of ca. 175W

which should be more than enough for overclocking.

41 minutes ago, Mr. PC said:

The efficiency rating doesn't impact the amount of power from the psu.

As it is configured In the recommendation that sent there is a power overhead of ca. 175W

which should be more than enough for overclocking.

? Heh I accidently sent that response to you I meant to send it to lee32uk ?‍♂️ but since u redponded... so the efficency just effects how little power it has to use or....kinda just like a nice thing to know you have a high efficency psu??

(thank you btw for being so quick..! my notifications dont pop up on my phone I need to change my settins or somethin.) Speaking of that I will prolly check in around dinner time...If their is any more people looking at this which is 6 EST 

1 minute ago, Help1stThyme said:

? Heh I accidently sent that response to you I meant to send it to lee32uk ?‍♂️ but since u redponded... so the efficency just effects how little power it has to use or....kinda just like a nice thing to know you have a high efficency psu??

(thank you btw for being so quick..! my notifications dont pop up on my phone I need to change my settins or somethin.) Speaking of that I will prolly check in around dinner time...If their is any more people looking at this which is 6 EST 

Yeah it's a power use thing... it justshows how little power is wasted

53 minutes ago, Mr. PC said:

The operating system is basically what you use to interact with apps and games...

Windows is the most popular one and has the most game support...

Ok cool thank you for that i need to look more into that i never heard much about it... 

Just now, Mr. PC said:

Yeah it's a power use thing... it justshows how little power is wasted

Oh alright well than should i down grade to a gold like these other guys mentioned? Or would that hurt my performance because now honestly it dosent seem to bad...

4 minutes ago, Help1stThyme said:

Ok cool thank you for that i need to look more into that i never heard much about it... 

What are you posting this from?

There is an Operating system on every device.

On Phones there's android and IOS and on PC there's Windows, Linux, and MacOS 

My phone.. When people talk about building computers on YouTube,TomsHardware, PCGamer, they always mention the hardware and stuff and no one ever mentioned the best operating system or made tests for it...when i was looking...but thats why i need to look into it im unfimiliar with it

(Edit)

I forgot to quote you I hope you can still see it.. Mr.PC

8 minutes ago, Help1stThyme said:

Oh alright well than should i down grade to a gold like these other guys mentioned? Or would that hurt my performance because now honestly it dosent seem to bad...

It won't hurt performance and for a general PC use case a gold efficiency is about as high as you need to go. Anything after that almost always has very fast diminishing returns in terms of how much you're going to save over the life of the computer compared to how much the PSU is going to cost you.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Mr. PC said:

If you need help I could provide you with some links that compare Linux and Windows 

I would appreciate it

4 minutes ago, Help1stThyme said:

My phone.. When people talk about building computers on YouTube,TomsHardware, PCGamer, they always mention the hardware and stuff and no one ever mentioned the best operating system or made tests for it...when i was looking...but thats why i need to look into it im unfimiliar with it

(Edit)

I forgot to quote you I hope you can still see it.. Mr.PC

You don't have to quote someone to let them see it...

Everyone can see wverymessage on this thread

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

It won't hurt performance and for a general PC use case a gold efficiency is about as high as you need to go. Anything after that almost always has very fast diminishing returns in terms of how much you're going to save over the life of the computer compared to how much the PSU is going to cost you.

Do you have a suggestion for 80 gold cuz you convinced me it seems to me thats the better choice...

1 minute ago, Help1stThyme said:

Do you have a suggestion for 80 gold cuz you convinced me it seems to me thats the better choice...

Something like one of these would serve you well and last for a long time and even with a 1080Ti or next gen card in there you won't have any issues powering everything.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/bkp323/seasonic-focus-plus-gold-550w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-550fx

or

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/qYTrxr/evga-power-supply-220g20550y1

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: