The Sound on my Laptop

Kudagras

The sound on my gaming laptop went out. Tech support says to update bios (as my pc is out of warranty) I don't want to risk killing my motherboard they even gave me the part number THTXT(I thought this was the part number for the sound card turns out it's the motherboard). I've also been told external sound cards won't help me short of replacing the motherboard is there anything I can do to get sound back?

Hello,

that sucks to hear that your sound is out. Just to be clear, we're not talking about the laptop's integrated speakers? If the sound is out, I'd just use USB headphones and not bother with replacing the motherboard. 

However judging by the information you've provided, I'd assume you are referring to the integrated speakers which are connected to your motherboard and hence the integrated audio circuitry must be functioning as intended or else you'd have to replace the motherboard.

Laptop: MacBook Pro 13" (Early 2015) || Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x299 Gaming 9 || CPU: Intel i7-7820x (38% OC- 5.00 GHz) || RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 8GB @ 3466 MHz (x4)- DDR4  || GPU: MSI  Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning X || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 500GB || OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro || Chassis: Thermaltake The Tower 900 || Cooling Solution: Custom open loop water cooling system with a 560mm radiator and a CPU water water-block || Display: ROG Swift PG279Q || Pointing Device: Razer Mamba (2016) || Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 || Headset: Astro A50 Wireless ||

I've tried using headphones (not usb headphones) to get sound and no luck, So I will give your suggestion a try. The sound would falter ever no and then since I got it however it would come back after driver re-installation or restarting the computer.