Who owns firefox?

Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
1 minute ago, TheMountain28 said:

Can we trust in mozilla for protect privacy? Mozilla have a kind of searcher like google search?

Yes, we can definitely trust Mozilla more than we can trust e.g. Google, when it comes to privacy. As for running a search-engine, no, Mozilla is not a search-engine company/foundation.

Just now, seon123 said:

Mozilla

Can we trust in mozilla for protect privacy? Mozilla have a kind of searcher like google search?

1 minute ago, TheMountain28 said:

Yes, we can definitely trust Mozilla more than we can trust e.g. Google, when it comes to privacy. As for running a search-engine, no, Mozilla is not a search-engine company/foundation.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Mozilla

2STCMYb.png

/s

tbh this seems like a troll thread

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Thanks for the Answer WereCatf. I will try to suggest to Mozilla to have search-engine, i don't understand he don't have this. we never know! 

4 minutes ago, TheMountain28 said:

https://blog.mozilla.org/netpolicy/category/trust/

They seem pretty active in internet privacy rights activism and pushing for corporate transparency.... so sure?

Just now, TheMountain28 said:

Although they've done some strange things (i.e 'Mr Robot' incident), they're definitely a great organisation. If you don't feel 100%, I reccomend using Waterfox. ^_^

Hue hue hue.

3 minutes ago, TheMountain28 said:

I will try to suggest to Mozilla to have search-engine, i don't understand he don't have this. we never know! 

That would be pointless, they don't have the resources to do that. If you want a search-engine that respects your privacy, try e.g. Duck Duck Go

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Mozilla has gone downhill recently, but if you still wish to use their browser, try Waterfox. Also, for the search engine, use searx or duckduckgo. It takes a lot of resources to make a search engine and they have better things to spend their time on.

Mozilla is a nonprofit organization with absolutely no incentive to collect or share any of your data outside of the anonymous usage statistics. 

Source: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/manifesto/

However, most of their funding comes from partnering with search engine providers. These companies collect your data regardless of which browser you are using.

The majority of Mozilla Corporation’s revenue is from royalties earned through Firefox web browser search partnerships and distribution deals around the world. Mozilla Corporation’s revenue and income support for CY 2016 was $506M, as compared to $414M in CY 2015.

Source: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/foundation/annualreport/2016/

All of their technologies are open source and can be used, modified, and shared by anyone. You could just download the entire source code for Firefox and look at what all of it does.

Bro, you like can’t own the internet. You can own space and the cloudz

20 hours ago, TheMountain28 said:

Thanks for the Answer WereCatf. I will try to suggest to Mozilla to have search-engine, i don't understand he don't have this. we never know! 

Firefox gained its prime success because they made deal with Google. To have Google search as default engine. After deal ended, they went for Yahoo!. Needless to say community didn't like it. I run highly customized version so I don't know if Yahoo! is still default or if there's some other solution. The search bar doesn't specify search engine. But still uses Google.

There's huge difference between browser and search engine. Google is search-engine developer first, browser and other second. They got all their capita from search-engine and ads sold along with it. Mozilla doesn't have corporate backing, haven't had for long time. Not after they were separated from Netscape. They get funding from donations and advertising deals like one they had with Google and Yahoo!. For Mozilla to get such resources that they could do reliable search-engine and not have it fail like Bing!... it might take them as long as it took Goolge to gain its basis. So 5-10 years.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv