should i quit pubg?

Zaki_Owais
Go to solution Solved by veli2501,

Try playing on Sanhok, it's much more fast paced and the gun fights are nearly constant.  It will get you more familiar with the gun and general game mechanics much quicker than the other maps.  Having said that, if you're not having fun there is not much point playing. 

I really like the game and have clocked over 700hrs but it's running like crap for me at the moment after having been pretty good on my system for the past year. [unrelated] As such I actually picked up CSGO recently (I had only played 10hrs of it due to getting it when released but didn't like the limited scope of the game after playing BF3) and have been really enjoying it, if for no other reason than consistent performance.  CS skills are very rusty having not played it seriously since Source but improving fast :D

i have played pubg for 10h,i barely have any kills,i bet its less than 5.i kinda hate this game for being too time consuming,like in csgo you learn a lot in 10min deathmatch than you do in pubg's 1h matches.
is there hope for me to be good at game,im a nova 2 in csgo if that helps or should i just quit for sucking at it?

2 minutes ago, Zaki_Owais said:

i have played pubg for 10h,i barely have any kills,i bet its less than 5.i kinda hate this game for being too time consuming,like in csgo you learn a lot in 10min deathmatch than you do in pubg's 1h matches.
is there hope for me to be good at game,im a nova 2 in csgo if that helps or should i just quit for sucking at it?

You shouldnt quit anything for beeing bad at it, practice will make you get better but you should quit pubg because it's a toxic community combined with a buggy crap game.  Greene said in an interview that they are refactoring sections of the games code cause it sucks balls and is nowhere near neither e-sports ready nor competitively fun to play.

5 minutes ago, Zaki_Owais said:

Play Dota 2 instead.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Simple,

you still having fun? --> Keep Playing
does it feel like a chore? -> Quit

is there a ranking system,so i get matched with players with the same skill ceiling? :(

2 minutes ago, Zaki_Owais said:

is there a ranking system,so i get matched with players with the same skill ceiling? :(

There is a hidden ranking system, but not on Mini-Royale (Sandhok map)

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

Drop in the places where everyone goes and fight as many people as you can. Don't worry about winning matches, just go for quick matches where you an learn how the guns and mechanics work 

That's the fastest way to learn. Once you have the gunplay down, you can work on strategy to win 

For what it's worth, the gun mechanics and hit detection are buggy at best. I know lots of people that are brilliant at games like Battlefield but can't kill anyone in PUBG without practicing a lot 

Don't Quit! The matchmaking system is hidden, but it exists. You should eventually get matched with people of equal skill. Considering your experience with shooters, i think you'll be great at PUBG. Getting a "feel" for how the mechanics work might take the most getting used to ( i know it did for me! Especially recoil)

Also, be sure your system specs are sufficient, for a while I was playing with settings that were just barely too high for my system, and lowering them to Very low made a world of difference. The game would run fine until i got in a fight, then it went to shit, guns were almost impossible to control.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

Unless you’re being payed to play, you can’t really quit. 

If you find the game fun, play it but otherwise it’s up to you. 

You could “take a break.” Personally I don’t like the Battle Royale gametype that much. Back in the days of halo 3, we played free for all with 1 life but the difference was there were maybe 6 people & you started with a gun. I don’t like the large downtime in battle Royale. 

4 hours ago, DudefromHamburg said:

Simple,

you still having fun? --> Keep Playing
does it feel like a chore? -> Quit

I second this.

It's super boring for a good 20 hours and then you start understand hot drops, loot, zone timing, distance timing, and so on. I played for maybe 100 hours, but the newest updates and such have been garbage and that's why I quit. 

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

1 hour ago, fpo said:

Unless you’re being payed to play, you can’t really quit. 

If you find the game fun, play it but otherwise it’s up to you. 

You could “take a break.” Personally I don’t like the Battle Royale gametype that much. Back in the days of halo 3, we played free for all with 1 life but the difference was there were maybe 6 people & you started with a gun. I don’t like the large downtime in battle Royale. 

the downtime is whats keeping me away,i dont have a lot of free time to play games,but when i do get some time I play a valve mm rather wait 1 min in a lobby,w8 another min to drop,then hopefully see someone then immediately get killed.to me this is not fun and complete waste of my time,now i kinda regret buying pubg.
PS: i bought pubg after playing mobile one with emulator,i was getting 10 to 12 frags a match,thought i was very good.but i think those player were just bots

Buy titanfall 2 then. It’s nonstop action. 

Try playing on Sanhok, it's much more fast paced and the gun fights are nearly constant.  It will get you more familiar with the gun and general game mechanics much quicker than the other maps.  Having said that, if you're not having fun there is not much point playing. 

I really like the game and have clocked over 700hrs but it's running like crap for me at the moment after having been pretty good on my system for the past year. [unrelated] As such I actually picked up CSGO recently (I had only played 10hrs of it due to getting it when released but didn't like the limited scope of the game after playing BF3) and have been really enjoying it, if for no other reason than consistent performance.  CS skills are very rusty having not played it seriously since Source but improving fast :D

lol I've been playing PUBG on and off for like a year and still suck at it.

It's easily one of the most frustrating online games I have ever played. My typical gameplay experience: Sneak around for 10mins and get good gear -> headshot out of nowhere -> dead -> repeat.

It really weird that I can jump into a round of BF after months of not playing and easily get into the top 3 of the server. In PUBP if seems that every single player has better reaction time / aim than me, since I lose at least 8/10 of one on one battles -> and this is with 18 years + FPS experience.

21 hours ago, Rupe said:

There is a hidden ranking system, but not on Mini-Royale (Sandhok map)

so i will get paired with people with much higher skill level? :(

27 minutes ago, Zaki_Owais said:

so i will get paired with people with much higher skill level? :(

Or lower skill if you get gud:P, but yeah on the sandhok map there is no ranking, although it is still good practice to drop in populated areas to build up your skills and not spend most of the game looting only to die

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues