Looking for a new gaming mouse

JRolley
Go to solution Solved by maxvons,

Awesome review thank you very much. Yeah my hands are exactly the same size as yours 19cm base to end of finger so I guess that classifies as large. So in your opinion the Rival and DA2013 (or CLG version) are the best 2 options? Is there one your hand fits better on than the other or are both just as nice with a slightly different feel?

I would go for Rival or DA 2013 (CLG version if you want a bit smoother coating and white LED's)

I think they're quite different in terms of shape/feel. I prefer the coating on the Rival, as it's slightly smoother on my skin. The DA 2013 (not CLG) has a very rough coating. I prefer the rubber sides on the Rival as they're bigger and easier to grip. I think my hand fits the Rival better, but it fits the DA almost just as good, just in a different way. I feel like more of my hand is touching the mouse with the Rival. With the DA, the hump is so high up, that much of my hand isn't even touching the mouse. When I try to fully palm my DA, I also overreach the mouse by about 1 or 2cm, so you can't fully palm this mouse IMO with 19cm long hands. Seeing as you have the same sized hands as me, I think the Rival would fit you better if you palm grip your mouse. The DA is IMO more suited for claw grip than the Rival, but they both work fine. 

So if you palm grip, I'd say go for the Rival. If you claw grip, go for the DA.

I also prefer that the Rival's buttons go all the way down and are not "concaved" like on the DA. They're not "cupped" if you know what I mean. I don't know how to describe it properly..

In the end, I think I'm gonna use the Rival until Razer launches a new DA, or I can get my hands on the CLG edition of the DA 2013. 

Tell me what you end up getting btw, and tell me your thoughts on the mouse you get.

Hey sorry guys I know there are quite a few of these threads floating around but they aren't quite what I'm looking for.
I currently have a Razer DeathAdder and it's probably 3-4 years old. It still works but I'd like to upgrade since it's very worn.
I play both MMO and FPS games and I don't need a mouse specifically designed for either.

I don't think I'd like the Naga as it just doesn't seem comfortable and I don't know if I'd make use of all the buttons.

I have been looking at 

DeathAdder 2013
Corsair M95
R.A.T 7 
R.A.T 9 
Roccat Kone (+ or XTD)
SteelSeries Sensei
Gamdias Zeus
or something by Zowie

Sorry the list I long but I'd appreciate any feedback on those mice or any other recommendations that I haven't mentioned. My hands are fairly large and I use a palm. I know Mice are very personally but hopefully this narrows it down to a few choices.

Thanks

My next mouse Have you tried other mice?  The Deathadder seems like your ideal choice, perhaps another unless you want something with more features?

The SteelSeries software is pretty awful which I why I won't be buying one again.  

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I personally have a MadCatz M.M.O.7, and I love how you can change it to fit your hand, and the buttons are great, so you may want to take a look at that. For a mix of FPS and MMO, I'd say the M95 is a pretty good choice. I've been looking at replacing my M.M.O.7 with one because I'm going off the flashy look of MadCatz stuff. 

My next mouse Have you tried other mice?  The Deathadder seems like your ideal choice, perhaps another unless you want something with more features?

The SteelSeries software is pretty awful which I why I won't be buying one again.  

clg suxxxxxxxx

Anyways why don't you grab a DA2013? Assuming you like the way the DA shapes to your hand you should like the DA2013.

Hey sorry guys I know there are quite a few of these threads floating around but they aren't quite what I'm looking for.

I currently have a Razer DeathAdder and it's probably 3-4 years old. It still works but I'd like to upgrade since it's very worn.

I play both MMO and FPS games and I don't need a mouse specifically designed for either.

I don't think I'd like the Naga as it just doesn't seem comfortable and I don't know if I'd make use of all the buttons.

I have been looking at 

DeathAdder 2013

Corsair M95

R.A.T 7 

R.A.T 9 

Roccat Kone (+ or XTD)

SteelSeries Sensei

Gamdias Zeus

or something by Zowie

Sorry the list I long but I'd appreciate any feedback on those mice or any other recommendations that I haven't mentioned. My hands are fairly large and I use a palm. I know Mice are very personally but hopefully this narrows it down to a few choices.

Thanks

Get the G602 gaming mouse by Logitech.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-au/product/g602-wireless-gaming-mouse

g602-gaming-mouse.jpg

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

clg suxxxxxxxx

Anyways why don't you grab a DA2013? Assuming you like the way the DA shapes to your hand you should like the DA2013.

I like the DA but prefer the white and black look of the CLG one, it's the same mouse just different skin.

The problem with this mouse is that it's only 500Hz and takes two AA batteries.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

RAT 7

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I just got a rat 7 a couple days ago and it is pretty good.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

I like the DA but prefer the white and black look of the CLG one, it's the same mouse just different skin.

The problem with this mouse is that it's only 500Hz and takes two AA batteries.

Never fall to the dark side. I know its the same, I honestly don't care what color it is!!! All black seems the nicest since you can just turn off the lights in synapse. IMO

I love my Deathadder, though I don't have the 2013 Edition. I can only imagine the 2013 would be superior, as it has the rubberized grips on the sides instead of the smooth, glossy plastic of previous iterations.

I've also heard great things about the Logitech G500, though some people prefer optical mice to laser.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Never fall to the dark side. I know its the same, I honestly don't care what color it is!!! All black seems the nicest since you can just turn off the lights in synapse. IMO

I care what colour it is though ;D  Has to match my keyboard's white LEDs ;)

I personally really like the G500. If mine broke, I'd probably go right back out and buy one without considering any others.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Wow that was a really quick response.

So it sounds like it's basically
Razer DeathAdder 2013 or E-Sports
Corsair M95
RAT 7
G500 (maybe 500s too?)

Also Jamdude I had never seen the CLG DA before and I actually really like the skin on it aswell. The thing turning me off the 2013 DA was the green lighting

What is the Steelseries Rival like? I heard it's very similar to the DeathAdder?

I like the Logitech G400s. You can also consider SteelSeries Kana V2, but I don't know when it will come out in your area.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

I personally really like the G500. If mine broke, I'd probably go right back out and buy one without considering any others.

Wow, you have exactly the same setup as me, except the mouse. I have a G400s though, almost same as G500 :P

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

What is the Steelseries Rival like? I heard it's very similar to the DeathAdder?

I have the DA 2013, Logitech G400s, Steelseries Sensei and Steelseries Rival atm. 

I don't really know which one I like the best, but I know that my least favorite is the Sensei. My Sensei's left click has started getting "stuck" from time to time, very annoying. And after using all these optical mice for a while, I can't go back to a laser. The acceleration etc. is very noticable on the Sensei after using something like a DA.

My DA 2013 is double clicking and the right click is slightly loose. I still like the mouse though. The shape is nice, and I keep coming back to this mouse after trying others for some reason. The only reason I'm not only using this mouse, is because I recently experienced a period with some serious wrist pain. I don't think that is because of the mouse though. The pain is mostly gone now, but I'm not sure if I wanna use the DA, as it may be the mouse causing it. 

Because of this, I also bought a Steelseries Rival. I really like the shape. It feels really different to the DA though, have to get used to it. I think it's quite similar to the IE 3.0 if you ever used that mouse. It feels heavier than the DA. The side buttons are not as nice as the DA's, but they do the job fine. The main buttons are really nice though, but I have to get used to the slightly more pressure needed to click. I found myself missing last hits in Dota because I wasn't used to the pressure needed, and I clicked to late etc. 

I also bought the G400s after my DA started double clicking (I lost the receipt for my DA, GG). I find the shape... odd.. I don't know what to say. I never used the MX518 or G400, so I'm just not used to this kind of shape. I've also tried the G500. The shape on the G500 felt better IMO, while still being similar. The thing that I'm not used to with the G400s' shape, is the "ridge" on the right side next to the right click. I'm used to having my pinky and ringfinger together on the right side of the mouse, like the DA and Rival. So with the G400s my ringfinger and pinky are way more apart from each other than they are with the DA or Rival. Because of this I experienced some pain in my pinky after a while, so I don't think this mouse if for me.

In conclusion, I'd get the DA 2013 or Rival. I would not get a laser mouse if I were you, as you're used to the optical sensor on the DA. Switching to laser would IMO make no sense. Optical mice are superior anyway.

If you have slightly bigger hands (medium+) and find the DA clicks to be a bit too sensitive, and if you don't like the green light on the DA, (you can change the lightning on the Rival to what ever color you want) I'd say go for the Rival. My hands are 19cm from base to tip of the middlefinger. 

If you have medium sized hands, a bit smaller than mine perhaps or same as mine, and you like the really sensitive buttons on the DA. I'd say go for the DA 2013. Just remember to NOT THROW AWAY THE RECEIPT, like I did. Then you're totally screwed, as the DA 2013 is known to have issues. Mine has not only one issue, but two. 

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

I have the DA 2013, Logitech G400s, Steelseries Sensei and Steelseries Rival atm. 

Awesome review thank you very much. Yeah my hands are exactly the same size as yours 19cm base to end of finger so I guess that classifies as large. So in your opinion the Rival and DA2013 (or CLG version) are the best 2 options? Is there one your hand fits better on than the other or are both just as nice with a slightly different feel?

I would go for Rival or DA 2013 (CLG version if you want a bit smoother coating and white LED's)

I think they're quite different in terms of shape/feel. I prefer the coating on the Rival, as it's slightly smoother on my skin. The DA 2013 (not CLG) has a very rough coating. I prefer the rubber sides on the Rival as they're bigger and easier to grip. I think my hand fits the Rival better, but it fits the DA almost just as good, just in a different way. I feel like more of my hand is touching the mouse with the Rival. With the DA, the hump is so high up, that much of my hand isn't even touching the mouse. When I try to fully palm my DA, I also overreach the mouse by about 1 or 2cm, so you can't fully palm this mouse IMO with 19cm long hands. Seeing as you have the same sized hands as me, I think the Rival would fit you better if you palm grip your mouse. The DA is IMO more suited for claw grip than the Rival, but they both work fine. 

So if you palm grip, I'd say go for the Rival. If you claw grip, go for the DA.

I also prefer that the Rival's buttons go all the way down and are not "concaved" like on the DA. They're not "cupped" if you know what I mean. I don't know how to describe it properly..

In the end, I think I'm gonna use the Rival until Razer launches a new DA, or I can get my hands on the CLG edition of the DA 2013. 

Tell me what you end up getting btw, and tell me your thoughts on the mouse you get.

Just had to throw this in, haha. Saw a review of the Rival on Amazon. I think he over exaggerated it a bit, but he actually described what I feel towards the DA 2013 vs the Rival in a kind of way that makes sense. It doesn't feel like sandpaper though, but it's actually quite rough.

"Ive used the deathadder by razer for a good years now. after using it it always felt odd to use and was the best for what I needed. When they came out with a 2013 edition I tried it and hated it, felt like using sandpaper. This mouse is to be honest my dream mouse! multiple changing colors to match your desktop. A ton of cpi which a lot of other optical mice dont have. Feels AMAZING in the hand! So comfortable, much grace, very smooth. I bought another one of these mice just to cover damages if the first one dies from old age....."

I'd really go for  a Zowie Mouse.

Why?

Before i had a Zowie Mouse i had a Razer Deathadder 2013 and i pretty much thought it was ok ( except Synapse… i hate Synapse) but wasnt really a fan of some flaws of the shape.

Than I tried out the Zowie Ec1 Evo.. and wow i just love the feeling of it , the rubberized texture , the shape which is the same as the Deathadder (perfect for palm gripping) though its more flat  (not as high as the DA) and more simplistic   (hasnt got ''holes'' on the Mouse Button 1 and Mouse Button 2).Also the side buttons are just perfect ,they are not too clicky but also not too loose.

Also since i hated Synapse the Ec1 was just plug and play,no not on the irritating on the fly keys,you need to turn the mouse around and press a button to switch the DPI:You can choose between 450/1150/2300 DPI.

Its just a simplistic mouse so when you are looking for high dpi don't go with it.

Only cons to me though is that it doesnt have a graded cable (for a rubberized cable it is pretty light though) 

and that the sensor is worse than the Deathadder 2013's.

The Zowie FK is the same just YELLOW  and the Mouse Switches are harder to press. (Huano Switches)

But I'd still recommend Razers Deathadder since everyone has a diffrent hand shape.

It just has the best sensor and theres nothing really negative.

(If you don't count Synapse too it ,hehe :D)

I hope this helped

- Intel i7 3770|Noctua NH-D14 -Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H -8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 -Evga Sc Signature 2 GTX 680 -Fractal Define R4 -2TB WD Black Caviar -120GB Samsung 840 Pro -Cosair TX 650Watt -Benq XL2420T -CM Storm Quickfire TK -Zowie Ec1 Evo -Fiio E10 -

Audio Technica Ath-AD700x

Sorry to keep this thread going but I've narrowed it down to the

Razer DeathAdder 2013 E-Sports Edition (CLG)
SteelSeries Rival
Corsair M95

The DA E-Sports isn't available except on the razer store which for Australia is priced at $110 and then I have to pay for shipping.
SteelSeries Rival is $69
Corsair M95 is $78

I was also wondering if anyone could provide info about the M95 since it hasn't been mentioned a great deal. 
Cheers guys

The deathader or m95 would be my personal recommendations as I have had good experiences with both (currently have a razer mamba but its completely overkill and I only got it because its one of the only good wireless mice that I liked :P )

From those mice listed I own the Sensei and used to own the RAT 7. The Sensei is a good, very precise sensor etc, however the software is horrible and the glossy surface on the mouse is a joke. When you open it, there is 50% chance for it to crash... I used to have the original v1 RAT 7. I used it for 2 and a half years, when if finally died. Although I replaced it with the G600s , it is still remains my favorite mouse so far, because it was very adjustable, had kid of a low profile, software was pretty good and it caught the eyes with its design.  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here