Is this a balanced build 1080p 40-60 FPS gaming?

Edward666
Go to solution Solved by Sernefarian,

That 970 will be a massive upgrade, and as long as it both fits the case and comes at a reasonable cost a definite win.

Hi

i was just wondering according to specs is this a balanced build or i'm bottle necking any part. Kindly advise for improvements. by improvement i mean according to these specs. i have a 8700K , 1080ti SLI rig too. i'm bad with old tech don't know pros and cons.

i7 3770 stock clocks.

2x4 GB kingston ram 1600Mhz

Gigabyte GTX-750ti Stock Clocks

Thermaltake SE530 smart .

i do 1080P gaming and 40-60 FPS is enough for me. i'm not an 10000 FPS freak .lol

Please advise

Thanks .

More like 720p. The 750ti is a weak card. Won't perform well at 1080p

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

The CPU is still going strong, no issues there, but the GTX750ti isn't gonna give you 1080p on ultra.  Maybe medium

CPU is strong, but the card is kind of weak. It's a decent budget GPU but I doubt you would be able to play at high or even medium in 1080p. More like 720p high.

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

More like 720p. The 750ti is a weak card. Won't perform well at 1080p

Just now, aless83 said:

The CPU is still going strong, no issues there, but the GTX750ti isn't gonna give you 1080p on ultra.  Maybe medium

its giving me 45-70 FPS on High settings. In Just cause 3 , COD WW 2 .BF-1 yet to try. Vsync , motion Blur and AA is off . i don't even try Ultra on this card. lol i know it will faint.

Just now, Konrad_K said:

CPU is strong, but the card is kind of weak. It's a decent budget GPU but I doubt you would be able to play at high or even medium in 1080p. More like 720p high.

i'm playing Just cause 3 on high settings with vsync, motion blur and AA off . and its giving me 45-68 FPS

In COD WWII is giving me 27-71 FPS  Vsync and AA are off .

and i'm doing it on a 1080P 42 inch LED.

2 minutes ago, Edward666 said:

i'm playing Just cause 3 on high settings with vsync, motion blur and AA off . and its giving me 45-68 FPS

In COD WWII is giving me 27-71 FPS  Vsync and AA are off .

and i'm doing it on a 1080P 42 inch LED.

Good for you, but still your CPU could make use of a more powerful card. The 750ti will struggle in some other games like AC Origins for example - Just cause 3 is already quite old and not really that demanding.

CPU is still good as the rest say , if you want to add value take a 1050ti and you got a nice 60fps pc :D 

Have you ever thought on put that 2nd 1080ti of your rig there? , It will bottleneck but at high fps (you could achive 60-120 without problems on any game) .

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

7 hours ago, Konrad_K said:

Good for you, but still your CPU could make use of a more powerful card. The 750ti will struggle in some other games like AC Origins for example - Just cause 3 is already quite old and not really that demanding.

Hmmmmmm . interesting ..... what about a ROG GTX 970?. one of my friends has it and its just resting on his desk ...i might snatch that from him ....

7 hours ago, Peskanova said:

CPU is still good as the rest say , if you want to add value take a 1050ti and you got a nice 60fps pc :D 

Have you ever thought on put that 2nd 1080ti of your rig there? , It will bottleneck but at high fps (you could achive 60-120 without problems on any game) .

can't do that bro i'm running a video editing dual 4K display on that rig. but 1050ti is a good idea i was about to buy that but then i thought CPU might not be able to handle 1050ti.

2 minutes ago, Edward666 said:

Hmmmmmm . interesting ..... what about a ROG GTX 970?. one of my friends has it and its just resting on his desk ...i might snatch that from him ....

That's a good fit for a 3770K. As long as you have an appropriate power supply it would be a decent upgrade.

That 970 will be a massive upgrade, and as long as it both fits the case and comes at a reasonable cost a definite win.

Rawr.

5 minutes ago, Sernefarian said:

7 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

That's a good fit for a 3770K. As long as you have an appropriate power supply it would be a decent upgrade.

This is the casing and all . will 970 fit in it ?

20180716_225022.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sernefarian said:

With that much room you should be just fine fitting it in.

PSU is good enough for it i guess even if it take 2x 8 pins i have that and at this time 300 watts is peak consumption of system .