Rate My Build - July 2018

jiyeon

rmb.png.33ef52fd054839dcf194775f3ceeb9c3.png

I'm officially to the point where I'm happy with my build and everything inside. I can finally say with confidence "This is my PC, and I build it myself". (The Hyper 212 was the one holding me back)

I took some pretty pictures of my build and now I'm curious to see what other people think of my build. I didn't include any cable management pictures since that's not important for me as of yet, and also because admittedly my cable management is a pigsty thanks to the 4 LED fans and their fan hub...

My build is based around the theme of white, purple, and black, as you could tell by the black and white Arctic 33 eSports, white Asus GTX 1060, and the purple LED fans.

So I have some things I want you guys and gals to do, thanks for your time! :D

• Rate my build 0-10

• Say what you like about it and your favorite component

• Say what you would like to see changed/improved

5b5520a134efc_a333(1).png.99712e42ed4e2f17043d38845c653ab1.png

Whole view:

20180719_145436.thumb.jpg.3d6a4885d8ce346f470a67c6abba9a30.jpg

Rear quarter to front:

20180719_145354.thumb.jpg.a91894ff8e1de3ab6befb5ec6301c3f1.jpg

Cooler view:

20180719_145344.thumb.jpg.3c2fbba1f6274f446903437282856ed7.jpg

Floor upwards view:

20180719_145407.thumb.jpg.83c8bff54bc73fc30ef2eae3c0309321.jpg

Cooler & Memory view:

20180719_145418.thumb.jpg.29696bf88c228fd6b89836a5b5c7419a.jpg

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Let's put it this way...

Sexiest air cooled build I have probably seen yet. The RGB blends so nice with the color scheme and the color scheme is something else.

1. 9 (10 is reserved for liquid cooling :P)

2. The RGB blend

3. Spray paint the black parts of the case white pretty please.

Great job!

+1

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

Hot and clean! *thumbs up*

9.5 cuz imo the Orange from the motherboard looks cool but it doesn’t fit that well with the other colors in this build. Overall it’s pretty clean and I think I just creamed my pants looking at this. If only the gpu has a backplate it’d be even better :D

Pc pron favorite pron

poop

15 minutes ago, MrShinny said:

Sexiest air cooled build I have probably seen yet. The RGB blends so nice with the color scheme and the color scheme is something else.

Aww thank you so much! I tried hard with the color scheme! :D 

15 minutes ago, MrShinny said:

1. 9 (10 is reserved for liquid cooling :P)

2. The RGB blend

3. Spray paint the black parts of the case white pretty please.

Haha, nice ones, the NZXT S340 Elite actually has all the black parts white, doesn't it? Possibly future idea. ;) 

7 minutes ago, IdiotPenguin said:

Hot and clean! *thumbs up*

9.5 cuz imo the Orange from the motherboard looks cool but it doesn’t fit that well with the other colors in this build. Overall it’s pretty clean and I think I just creamed my pants looking at this. If only the gpu has a backplate it’d be even better :D

Thank you! Yeah, I thought about the orange actually, just thought I'd keep it in as a subtle accent to line up the edges, but motherboard orange off could be just as cool. ;) I was also considering getting a custom white backplate for my graphics card actually but at a future date, for sure will make the best PC pron. :D 

1 minute ago, seoz said:

Aww thank you so much! I tried hard with the color scheme! :D 

Haha no problem. You deserve it!

The s340 elite would look better with this color scheme, but I like h500 as well, as a case. So I'm torn :D

If you have the money, the overpriced, bad for overclocking N7 z370 Would make this build sooo good. But it costs 250 bucks for a white plate. But if you aren't doing high overclocks, and have the money in the future. I recommend. (For the color scheme of course)

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

rekt

2 minutes ago, MrShinny said:

If you have the money, the overpriced, bad for overclocking N7 z370 Would make this build sooo good. But it costs 250 bucks for a white plate. But if you aren't doing high overclocks, and have the money in the future. I recommend. (For the color scheme of course)

Yeah oh my gosh, the N7 Z370 would match my build so well, but it's overpriced and I do heavy overclocks sometimes, so it's not meant to be. :( I'm happy with Asus motherboards so possibly an Asus ROG RGB motherboard in the future so I can flood my build with more purple. ;) 

4 minutes ago, seoz said:

Yeah oh my gosh, the N7 Z370 would match my build so well, but it's overpriced and I do heavy overclocks sometimes, so it's not meant to be. :( I'm happy with Asus motherboards so possibly an Asus ROG RGB motherboard in the future so I can flood my build with more purple. ;) 

I like another option would be the Prime z370-A. Used the pro in my 1060 build, no complaints so far. (Holding 4.9 ghz OC on my 7700k) It also has RGB on the back sortof. So it would give the build a nice purple glow.

rekt

1. 9/10

2. Beautiful color scheme

3. a) The yellow light illuminating the audio components (very minor)

b) The GPU cable (I prefer routing it through the side)

3 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

1. 9/10

2. Beautiful color scheme

3. a) The yellow light illuminating the audio components (very minor)

b) The GPU cable (i prefer routing it through the side)

Thank you! Yeah again, the orange minorly throws the scheme off. I like my GPU cable going downwards since it feels natural to me, and the cable management in the back would be a hassle had I routed it through the side, but thank you for the suggestions!

I love it! Very clean build and the purple fans are sexy. 10/10 Easy.

Clean air cooled build. 8/10 as there are things that could definitely make it look a lot better for cheap. Some phanteks white cable extensions you can get them for around $20 USD, and they would definitely make this build look better. Also gpu backplate isn't hard to make out of acrylic and is very cheap to DIY. Also you could make an acrylic plate for the SSD the same as the gpu with the scraps. Just little details would definitely make this build standout, all that plus watercooling then I would definitely give this a 15/10 ? lol

10 hours ago, TekRed said:

Some phanteks white cable extensions you can get them for around $20 USD, and they would definitely make this build look better. Also gpu backplate isn't hard to make out of acrylic and is very cheap to DIY. Also you could make an acrylic plate for the SSD the same as the gpu with the scraps.

Yeah, white cables in place of the black ones would make the whites in my build pop a lot more, I love this suggestion! I've never thought about DIY'ing my own backplate but now I'm curious, future project in my mind! :P

Everything. It is the perfect blend of purple and white. I think you are set there. I would just say you might be able to get like a Corsair RGB strip to match your fans and light up the whole pc if you like that. I know some people don't like that. Also I think that you should get purple and white cables from cable mod for you GPU and Motherboard.

The reason I gave a 9.5 because if you look at the first person down at the SSD area. It looks really dirty/dusty. I'm not really sure what it is but it kinda threw me off. Besides that easy fix it would be a 10!

Main PC

------------

i5-9400f @2.9GHz | Corsair H100i Elite Capellix |Gigabyte RGB GTX1060 6GB | Corsair CX650M | Island Professional 120GB SSD | Toshiba 2TB HDD | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16 DDR4 3200MHz  | Corsair iCUE 220T | Windows 10 Pro | CPU R20 Cinebench Score -  pts | OpenGL FPS -  FPS | Novabench Score (OC) -  Base - 

Keyboard and Mouse

------------

Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry Mx Red | Corsair Glaive RGB

Streaming PC (HP Compaq 8100 SFF)

------------

Xeon X3440 @2.53GHz | Radeon HD 6450 | HP Compaq 240watt PSU | Toshiba 1TB HDD | Samsung 2x4 DDR3 1333MHz | HP Compaq 8100 SFF | Windows 10 Pro | CPU Cinebench Score - 409 cb | OpenGL FPS - 16.77 FPS | Novabench Score (OC) - 991 Base - 938

Keyboard and Mouse

------------

Logitech G413 Silver White LED Romer-G Switch | Old Gateway Mouse

Monitors

------------

AOC - 21.5" IPS LED FHD Model - l2279VWHE | AOC - 24" TN Panel FHD 144hz 1ms Response - Model G2460PF

9 minutes ago, AirSocial said:

Everything. It is the perfect blend of purple and white. I think you are set there. I would just say you might be able to get like a Corsair RGB strip to match your fans and light up the whole pc if you like that. I know some people don't like that. Also I think that you should get purple and white cables from cable mod for you GPU and Motherboard.

The reason I gave a 9.5 because if you look at the first person down at the SSD area. It looks really dirty/dusty. I'm not really sure what it is but it kinda threw me off. Besides that easy fix it would be a 10!

Thank you! Yes, custom cable sleeves are on the cards for me, they'd got in so well!

Regarding my dust problem, yeah my room gets super dusty and as a result, my PC gets the brunt of it being on the floor. :( The SSD bays are also matt black which doesn't help hiding the dust either, it's a real shame. I will be sure to clean the heck out of it so I can get a solid 10/10 from you! xD

9/10 for build,-11/10 for component choice

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2TvXnH
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2TvXnH/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($73.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - FORTIS 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($64.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC2 Gaming iCX Video Card  ($409.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case: NZXT - S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G1+ 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $958.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-24 23:19 EDT-0400

More or less the same price with a more or less the same CPU, 16GB, a better PSU and a 2 tier better GPU

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 minute ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

9/10 for build, 3/10 for component choice

I didn't want Ryzen, and I don't need a 1070. It's my build and it's how I like it. I had my theme. I had my dream.

Don't come into my build showcase and say I made incompetent parts choices. 

1 minute ago, seoz said:

I didn't want Ryzen, and I don't need a 1070. It's my build and it's how I like it. I had my theme. I had my dream.

Don't come into my build showcase and say I made incompetent parts choices. 

I'm not, I'm sure it works fine for what you need it to do, I'm just saying better performance was available for the money you spent. Out of curiosity why did you want to avoid Ryzen?

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

1 minute ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I'm not, I'm sure it works fine for what you need it to do, I'm just saying better performance was available for the money you spent.

Not everything is about better performance, I still wanted my PC to look nice and have it the way I wanted. Who cares if I missed out on having 16GB from the start, at least I'm proud of what I've made for myself and can take photos of it with a smile on my face.

1 minute ago, seoz said:

Not everything is about better performance, I still wanted my PC to look nice and have it the way I wanted. Who cares if I missed out on having 16GB from the start, at least I'm proud of what I've made for myself and can take photos of it with a smile on my face.

Hey I'm not saying I don't like it. All I'm saying is that personally I'm a "spend money on better performance now and fancy fans later" kind of guy, but I get that you might not be and good on you for making such a beautiful build on a relatively small budget

She/they 

19 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

"spend money on better performance now and fancy fans later

I bought my 3-pack of SP120s for £40 and kind of needed those for case airflow since the S340 is known to be one of those cases with less-than-average case airflow. Bought my 4th one later on along with the Arctic 33 eSports.

I will admit that I did burn money by buying that godawful cooler the Hyper 212...

9 minutes ago, seoz said:

I bought my 3-pack of SP120s for £40 and kind of needed those for case airflow since the S340 is known to be one of those cases with less-than-average case airflow. Bought my 4th one later on along with the Arctic 33 eSports.

I will admit that I did burn money by buying that godawful cooler the Hyper 212...

Yeah, the Hyper 212 degrees C 

She/they 

Just now, seoz said:

I hate how accurate this is!

I hate that most people aren't aware of the H7

She/they