POLL: Do you keep your PC on the floor or desk?

reniat

Do you keep your PC on the floor or desk?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Floor or desk?

• Floor (including PCs on top of stuff at floor level.)
    • Desk

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

then it makes no difference in cooling as long as the vents arent blocked and assuming the cables are long enough

So I guess the only difference would be that I would have to clean it more often if it's on the floor, I see

Just now, KyleandThings said:

are you suggesting another monitor right there?

Of course not silly...you should put 17" laptop there

Just now, voiha said:

So I guess the only difference would be that I would have to clean it more often if it's on the floor, I see

Good luck cleaning inside your PSU, it's death trap, literally. Do your self a favor and find someway to at least elevate it a foot above the floor.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Good luck cleaning inside your PSU, it's death trap, literally. Do your self a favor and find someway to at least elevate it a foot above the floor.

Something like this ? 

computer-floor-stand-stand-pc-case-floor

23 minutes ago, voiha said:

Need solution ? I provide it. That would be 5 bucks

20180917_003828.jpg

And here I am viewing this from a single 17" 1600x900 2009 Acer monitor.... Wow man, just wow.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Just now, voiha said:

Something like this ? 

computer-floor-stand-stand-pc-case-floor

Sure better than nothing.

2 minutes ago, voiha said:

why would you think floor is more dusty than table? there are the same!

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

how's the Huion tablet display? does it work on photoshop?

I would class Huion directly under Wacom in terms of best Pen Displays.

I've had the chance to try out a few and they are fantastic for the price

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

how's the Huion tablet display? does it work on photoshop?

it's pretty decent. it works better then a pad tablet but i'm assuming that a cintiq would work better

my complaints are that the colors are bad (worse then all my other monitors) not a big deal though, the textures of the screen are slightly different in spots (a screen protector would fix it and it normally comes with one but i bought this one used) and the alignemnt of the pen at the edges of the screen is a little off 

but overall i bought it for $250 used and for that i would say that it was worth it

i use it mostly for adobe animate cc but i have used it in paint tool sai and photoshop before

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

why would you think floor is more dusty than table? there are the same!

Because people tread on the floor, and the dust and other debris get's knocked off the table onto the floor, believe me, it usually makes a huge difference.

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Because people tread on the floor, and the dust and other debris get's knocked off the table onto the floor, believe me, it usually makes a huge difference.

it also comes to a very practical question, how often do you vacuum the floor vs clean PC desk

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

hmm, good good. maybe I'll start recommending these to people who're starting out on drawing now and can't shell out for the Wacom tax ?

my pad tablet broke and i saw this one used and it was a good deal. didn't cost that much more then a good pad tablet. so i bought it

14 minutes ago, KyleandThings said:

i've tried, my 15.6" laptop doesn't fit. 

Well the more I look at your setup the more I don't get why you putted ultra wide while you could do this. For more screen real estate, you know.

20180917_003828 (1).jpg

Just now, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

it also comes to a very practical question, how often do you vacuum the floor vs clean PC desk

True, but due to how a home is usually built and used, you would need to clean the floor significantly more as the floor usually gets soiled at a greater rate.

3 minutes ago, voiha said:

Well the more I look at your setup the more I don't get why you putted ultra wide while you could do this. For more screen real estate, you know.

20180917_003828 (1).jpg

the ultrawide was the 2nd monitor i bought, this 5 monitor setup has just kinda evolved over 4 years, also i already have too much screen real estate

Just now, KyleandThings said:

the ultrawide was the 2nd monitor i bought, this 5 monitor setup has just kinda evolved over 4 years, also i already have too much screen real estate

No kidding.... I wish I had half that. lol!

3 minutes ago, KyleandThings said:

You have any connectivity problems or fps drop with the gtx 1080 ?

Just now, voiha said:

You have any connectivity problems or fps drop with the gtx 1080 ?

ehh, when i added the 5th one i did a little as one of them has to be connected to the intel hd, but not really. i play on the msi monitor which is 1080p 144hz

7 minutes ago, KyleandThings said:

ehh, when i added the 5th one i did a little as one of them has to be connected to the intel hd, but not really. i play on the msi monitor which is 1080p 144hz

let me clarify the issues are mostly just all the monitors connecting when waking my pc from sleep

for me mostly on the desk, but that's becoming a problem. my pc is kinda large (because dual-socket motherboard) and i'm thinking about getting another display. and then it will have to be on the floor.

She/Her

1 hour ago, KyleandThings said:

let me clarify the issues are mostly just all the monitors connecting when waking my pc from sleep

Oh..last question, as you have 60hz monitor(S) and 144hz while you're gaming, and alt+tab out of a game to use some of the other screens does that affect the primary (144hz) screen or everything runs as it should. 
What I mean by does it affect is for example: Changing your screen from 144 to 60hz (When you alt tab to other screen), visualising 60 hz rather than 144 as long as all of the other screens are simultaneously running etc etc. 

6 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

for me mostly on the desk, but that's becoming a problem. my pc is kinda large (because dual-socket motherboard) and i'm thinking about getting another display. and then it will have to be on the floor.

Yeah, noise is one of my concerns too, when it's on the floor you hear it "more silently". Dual socket motherboard damn