High refresh rate crashes monitor (1440P)

Taswell

I have a  MSI Optix MAG27CQ and I am unable get it to run faster than 60HZ even though it is suppose to go 144HZ. If I turn up the Refresh rate the monitor runs good for about 5 minutes and then goes black and disconnects from my computer, I have to pull the power out of it to get the monitor to get it to respond again. At 60HZ everything is normal, has never crashed. I know my computer isn't crashing because it switches over to the other monitor like nothing happened.

--I have tried many different cables from Display port and HDMI(at least 2 of each), one of them even had a review on amazon that claimed it fixed this exact problem.

--I have tried DDU reinstall

--I have tried using a competently different computer with a GTX 1050 and it did the exact same thing.

--There are no firmware updates on MSI's website to try

--Resolution does not matter, I have tired from 1600x900 up to 1440x1080

The thing i can think of that i have not tried is Dual link DVI mostly because I don't think it will matter.  What the fuck it wrong with it. 

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480