Ryzen 2600x build will not POST,no beeps, not sure what else to try

Sunbro26

I have just completed a Ryzen 2600x build. I can not get it to POST. After I switch the power on, the RGB lights on the motherboard light up, and the case, CPU and GPU fans all spin continuously. The Asus X470 motherboard does not have any QLED lights to help diagnose what the problem is. I also connected a speaker to the front panel header (the motherboard does not ship with one) and there are no beeps at all. No video appears on the monitor. I have waited several minutes on each startup attempt for video to appear on the monitor, but it never does. The PC has not POSTed at all, not even once. Here are the exact specs of the system.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X CPU

Asus Prime X470-PRO AM4 motherboard

EVGA 650w SuperNova G3 PSU

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR-4 RAM

AMD stock CPU cooler (included with CPU)

MSI GTX 770 2GB (recycled from old build)

Fractal Define R6 Case

All components were selected using pcpartpicker to ensure compatibility. I also checked the Asus website to confirm the board is compatible with my CPU and RAM. The X470 Prime is compatible with new Ryzen chips out of the box with no need for a BIOS update. I have tested the PSU and graphics card in my old build and they work fine, so I am confident it's not a PSU or graphics card issue. The monitor also works fine with the old build. I've tested with different DVI and HDMI cables connected to the graphics card and there is still no video. 

Things I have tried: clearing CMOS, tested with RAM in different slots, one stick of RAM or no RAM at all. Also tried reseating the cooler and CPU. There do not appear to be any bent pins on the CPU. All startup attempts result in no post and no beeps. I am guessing it's either CPU or motherboard that is at fault but there is no way to know. As mentioned, there are no QLED lights on this motherboard model. Is there anything else I should try? This is my first AMD build. My previous builds have been Intel and I never had any issue getting them to POST. Right now I can not see any other option than RMA.

This is why you test outside case first... helps with troubleshooting later if you get these sort of problems. Anyway, what's done is done... check all connections, especially CPU power cables/24 pin are properly seated. Try a different video cable if it's not the same one you tested with the GPU as mentioned above in the OP. If possible check motherboard/case for any loose screws, missing stand-offs etc that may be causing a fault,

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

I have tried to boot with no RAM inserted and there is still no beep. 

i would recommend to rebuilding main components outside the case. then go from there

Cpu might not be seated well, it can happen and has happened to me before. You've tried everything else so if it was me I would remove the cpu then reseat it.