PC won't turn on

I have a problem with my pc. It won't turn on for some reason. My motherboard (asus z270h gaming strix) has a red/dark orange light on. My CPU cooler runs fine and my GPU also runs fine, but my rgb fan is doing weird,
the lights do turn on but it wont spin. And it won't post. I tried re-plugging all the cables, re-seated the RAM. And plug the gpu back in. I tried the motherboard video output, that didnt work.

It tried re-plugging the power cable and tried to unplug the fan. Nothing worked.

I have a big ESL tournament today and I don't know what to do.

can someone help?

9 minutes ago, boeloep said:

I have a problem with my pc. It won't turn on for some reason. My motherboard (asus z270h gaming strix) has a red/dark orange light on. My CPU cooler runs fine and my GPU also runs fine, but my rgb fan is doing weird,
the lights do turn on but it wont spin. And it won't post. I tried re-plugging all the cables, re-seated the RAM. And plug the gpu back in. I tried the motherboard video output, that didnt work.

It tried re-plugging the power cable and tried to unplug the fan. Nothing worked.

I have a big ESL tournament today and I don't know what to do.

can someone help?

Sounds like perhaps the power supply is not providing enough power. Borrow a new one (or go buy one) and see what happens

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

10 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sounds like perhaps the power supply is not providing enough power. Borrow a new one (or go buy one) and see what happens

If the power supply can boot the system, but not a couple of fans, it wont be the power supply as the fans are plugged into the motherboard.

OP, try and use some other fans that you may have lying around. If the fans work, you have a faulty fan. If the fan doesn't boot up, you have a dead header.

hi.

47 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

If the power supply can boot the system, but not a couple of fans, it wont be the power supply as the fans are plugged into the motherboard.

OP, try and use some other fans that you may have lying around. If the fans work, you have a faulty fan. If the fan doesn't boot up, you have a dead header.

He says the system won't post, lack of power will certainly do that.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, AskTJ said:

It worked yesterday so I don't think that's the case 

9 hours ago, boeloep said:

It worked yesterday so I don't think that's the case 

Yank the GFX card out, power up system. If all the fans start up, then you have a bad power supply.

Try removing things until it posts, if need by leaving the CPU, cooler and ram in and see if it posts (assuming it has an video output)

I make intelligent lights do cool things

Also, try using different fan headers, is sys_fan 1 isn't working, trying using sys_fan 2 or 3. CPU Fan is working though?